Thread: Fan noise on Dell Studio 1558

Fan noise on Dell Studio 1558

Hello colleagues Dell Studio 1558 laptop if I go to setup the fans happen to work or are normally ventilated and stop falling, but when you stop working under xp boot and never puts the laptop superheated I imagine if I leave much time to hang the fan starts making very loud noise. I wonder what may be in the system that did not activate the fan. If they work when I load the setup of the machine. Well I hope you can help me.

Re: Fan noise on Dell Studio 1558

See if from the BIOS (aka setup) you can set up for fans to not decrease the RPM. i.e, whether they are fixed. Some laptops have configured a certain temperature for the coolers start working. You may want to place the direct coolers ... but you will need to open the laptop and place a point where you can take that require 4.5V coolers.

Thanks for your response. Bios I commented that gives me no option to the rpm of the coolers or the temperature of the micro. I started to reinstall Windows and during the installation of coolers worked on several occasions. You may think that I should get a little more because I feel quite warm the bottom of the micro. After you install the system I put a disc with music and good time not activavan coolers along with the music I put her on the norton virus scanner and then if coolers were activated.

If you want to search and download the speedfan ... you install and operate the software you coolers from windows. It is normal to warm the laptop underneath, so not recommended for use in the legs. The temperature and speed of the fan will tell ... if exceeding the 45 or 50 degrees, then there is a problem.

If the temperature in normal (ie no running program important) very high (say, between 50-60 ° c) you may need to clean the sink of the graphics or CPU and apply a thermal paste, it improves quite the topic of "fan / noise / temperature." Drivers can also influence, so do not look before the courts for drivers.