Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dell Inspiron n5010 - Touchpad Problem!

Portable Devices

Old 09-09-2010

Dell Inspiron n5010 - Touchpad Problem!

I have a problem with the touchpad on my computer (Dell Inspiron n5010). Indeed working fine (I can move the mouse pointer on the screen) but the section where you can scroll the pages down ( call it the " wheel " ) did work anymore ... it worked before , but without doing anything, it has ceased to function. I want to solve my problem as soon as possible. Can somebody help me to solve my problem.

Old 09-09-2010

Re: Dell Inspiron n5010 - Touchpad Problem!

Hi all , I had the same problem and I managed to solve it ; must go to the Control Panel, then "Mouse "(modify the parameters of buttons), then " Settings feature " press box " Settings "and go on " Virtual Travel " and then checked the box " Enable vertical scrolling " or " Enable horizontal scrolling ".
Old 09-09-2010

What version of Windows you have ? If you 're on Vista, try these steps :
1 . Click Start , Run and type " services.msc " , right click on Windows Update and it stops
2 . Click Start, Run and type " % windir % \ SoftwareDistribution " and erase all the content .
3. Click Start, Run and type " services.msc " , right click on Windows Update and Enable it.
Finally, you can perform the update.
Old 09-09-2010

The left and right buttons of the touchpad does not work.
It is possible that the left and right buttons of the touchpad does not work if they are disabled in the Mouse Properties . To activate the buttons , follow these steps.
  • Click Start then Panel . Select Classic View on the left of the Control Panel window .
  • Double-click Mouse in the Control Panel then select the tabDevice Settings in the Properties window of the mouse.
  • Click Settings then Buttons . Check box Enable buttons .
  • Click OK to save and close the Properties window of the mouse .
The left and right buttons of the touchpad is now activated .
Old 09-09-2010

Uninstalling the touchpad
To completely disable the touchpad, uninstall it by following the steps below .
1. Click Start then Panel. Select Classic View on the left of the Control Panel window.
2. Double-click Device Manager then (+) beside Mice and other pointing devices.
3. Click the right mouse button on the device in the list (synaptic / ALPS PS / 2 port touchpad) and then click Uninstall.
The touch pad is now completely uninstalled and does not work as its driver is not downloaded.
Old 10-09-2010

I worry about my computer , my laptop touchpad not working but when I plug an external mouse ( via USB ) , this well works . I read on the forum, on another subject, that the solution could be found in the Panel and mouse but in my case , nothing indicates the presence of the touchpad ? Only the external mouse is detected even if I log out? Anyone have an idea to solve my problem?
Old 13-09-2010

I think there must be a problem of virus. This problem also arise due to the virus infection in your system. To get rid out from the problem you have to install the antivirus application on your system. I would like to suggest you to install the Kaspersky antivirus software program. But before performing scan of your computer you have to update the latest antivirus definition.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,