Thread: Acer Aspire 5920 touchpad drivers?

Acer Aspire 5920 touchpad drivers?

I am about to install Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5920 but don't know if the touchpad drivers will work on Windows 7. I know that the touchpad will work but worried about the scroll down/up feature of the touchpad. Which you can only make work with Acer software, but they don't support Windows 7 right now!

Re: Acer Aspire 5920 touchpad drivers?

It may well be that this is not related to Windows 7, but with your laptop. Do not panic, it was surly drivers that came with your laptop, then you have nothing to reinstall. I may be wrong, but something tells me that's it. Regarding the Old Windows folder, you can delete it without any worry if you do not need. proceedings on the Microsoft site explains how.

I advise you to go on the support site of Acer Europe to download all the drivers that come with Vista. Most work with Seven. It's like the Windows 2000 drivers who often operated under XP. Nevertheless it is clear in reading the info before you download Seven should not install it but its main engine on a test PC. Also make sure to backup their data and have the recovery discs on hand to reinstall the post when the RC version of Seven expire.

Well I managed to get the "slide" on my touchpad. After going on one of the "acer" proposed by touslesdrivers.com, I caught something SynapsisTouchPad.
    I think I unpacked the archive is setup, and there was a message that it is not compatible with the windows 7 system. A window opens and asks me if I want to reinstall I put yes and there it goes! I got good at this point remains that the OSD and check if all drivers are good and updated.

In fact, the mini comes with soft, "Synaptic" can sent me in the mouse settings. And I do not know what to do. I tried to swap the two buttons so left = right = left and right, so I click the button works but the left by the left against the button pad does not hold myself right-click menu. I do not know if I was clear. I think it's a hardware problem at the left button. What do you think? Do you have a solution? Do you think I can try to reach the underside of the pad to see if there is a concern? In this case, the warranty is void she?