Thread: Toshiba Bluetooth on Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN

Toshiba Bluetooth on Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN

At the instant I am looking subsequent to a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN by means of Windows Vista Business 32-bit previously installed and am looking to in position upgrade this to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. Presently the apparatus has the Toshiba Bluetooth stack installed and Windows 7 upgrading Advisor says that for a number of Bluetooth components it does not be familiar with if there is an bring up to date for Windows 7 and for additional that there is a "free" update obtainable from the manufacturer ("Toshiba").

Re: Toshiba Bluetooth on Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN

On the other hand you be familiar with that updates from Toshiba are free of charge merely for Toshiba laptops and Sony has no spectacle of a Windows 7 driver anyplace. I imagine based on the Windows 7 upgrading Advisor that you have encompassed the version or description 5.0 of the Toshiba Bluetooth stack presently installed. Does anybody have several experience upgrading these VAIO apparatus to Windows 7. Determine to Bluetooth work seamlessly subsequent to an upgrade or is there additional to it. Bluetooth is the simple reason that I am suspicious of upgrading to Windows 7, otherwise the upgrading advisor gives a totally clean bill of health.

As estimated the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack did not run subsequent to upgrading to Windows 7. I had downloaded the Windows 7 description from Toshiba and then have to go into the Microsoft Device manager and right hit it off to bring up to date drivers online (two times). This worked even despite the fact that Toshiba stated the download is for their systems merely. Tribulations determine to be that Toshiba encompass placed a 30 day estimate period in the driver by means of no alternative to purchase the full license. They give the impression to be trying it on by means of a survey as to whether they would pay for a license. I assume depending on the response determine to conclude if they create the driver free or not.

Fundamentally terrible news for the entire VAIO owners who are SOL on Windows 7 drivers. Even of inferior quality is that Windows 7 upgrading Adviser says that Toshiba creates a free of charge bring up to date obtainable so an upgrade be supposed to be okay, additional than that is essentially misleading as the Toshiba bring up to date is merely for Toshiba branded systems. As I encompass yet to hear of a achievement case, I have no alternative additional than to maintain this laptop working with Vista. The entire additional components/software determine to work on Windows 7 except Bluetooth (which is being used for Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse).

The Toshiba Bluetooth stack did run on my Viao regardless of the maintain it merely worked for their apparatus (even though I in addition had to go into the Control Panel Device Driver, two times, and carry out an online driver upgrading). Potential tribulations are that Toshiba encompass put a 30 day time perimeter on the stack by means of no alternative at the instant to purchase a license. I guess I be supposed to have been additional explicit, when I said it was merely for Toshiba branded laptops I predestined that it would work on additional other than I do not count it actually as a working solution for the reason that subsequent to 30 days you are SOL and cannot extend (not even by paying).

By means of my Sony Vaio VGN-TZ21XN I was facing the similar tribulations. Subsequent to downloading Bluetooth Stack 7.00.10 commencing Toshiba it installed extremely well, additional than said it had expired. In Diagnostrics nevertheless I might observe that the driver worked and might attach to my GPS. I encompass uninstalled the Bluetooth Stack 7.00.10 from Toshiba totally and rebooted. The Bluetooth radio is mechanically predictable by Windows 7 and drivers are installed.

Remarkable, so this means that Windows 7 by means of BlueSoleil seems to be a running amalgamation for VAIO laptops. Has anybody else had success by means of this. My most important interest is in receipt of a Logitech DiNovo Edge keyboard+mouse combo to run on Windows 7, do not necessitate several of the advanced bluetooth profiles actually. I was seeing the similar tribulations I required to make use of Nokia PC Sync on my Sony Vaio VGN-TZ21MN to synchronise by means of a Nokia E75. Certain sufficient subsequent to upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 a warning came up to say that the Toshiba Bluetooth Drivers had recognized compatibility tribulations by means of Windows 7.