Thread: Windows 7 - HP Laserjet 4 driver

Windows 7 - HP Laserjet 4 driver

I have Windows 7 installed in my system and recently i have purchase a HP LaserJet 4 printer that works with the Windows 7 as told by the dealer.
    I researched a lot and found that these printer works with Windows Vista but not with Windows 7. When i used one of the available drivers with the Windows 7 it shown me a error message as "W2 INVALID PERS". What should i do in order to get the printer working with the Windows 7.

Re: Windows 7 - HP Laserjet 4 driver

The only solution to your issue is that you can use the Microsoft feature called as the "Microsoft Update Catalog". you just have to go to the Microsoft's website and then select the particular Models in your case Windows 7 and the HP LaserJet 4 and download the driver from the website, after that install the driver and reboot your system to the get the installation done in a proper manner.

As you are using Windows 7 then you have update your driver from the Microsoft website, to do these first you have to go to the Printer option in the control panel. In the printer select "not in the list" and when the list of the Printers comes up click on the "Windows Update". It will take approximately five minutes, once it comes up you have select the HP Laserjet 4 printer and it will update the driver to fix your problem.

The solution provided by you was accurate and up to the mark, i was able to use My HP LaserJet 4 printer with Windows 7. I just gone to the "add a printer" and then selected the "Windows Update" and after that there was selection for the Laserjet 4 on the Microsoft website which enable me to update the driver and use it's functionalist. I am thankful to you for your constant support.

There are drivers available on the HP website which supports the Windows 7 and the HP LaserJet 4 printers. You just have to visit the website and download the driver from the list. In the given list it shows "Product Support for Microsoft Windows 7". Download the given package and install it in the system, reboot your system to get the required effect. These will for sure resolve your issue of the HP Laserjet 4 printer.

Few times Windows Vista driver works in few of the HP printer which can be used with the Windows 7. If then too you are not able to find the driver then you can go to the HP website and download the Universal HP driver for the printer. It works but it does not provide full support to the windows 7 with your HP printer, it only enables you to use the basic function of printing only in your system. The best option for you here is to change your operating system to Windows xp or Windows Vista.