Thread: How to disable core parking ASUS G73Jh ?

How to disable core parking ASUS G73Jh ?

Recently I have bought this ASUS G73Jh it is working fine, in short there is no problem related to the working of this system. Now the thing is that I am searching for the method to disable the core parking. I have done a search for this thing on net but was not able to find any specific solution for this thing. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: How to disable core parking ASUS G73Jh ?

For the thing you need to achieve then you need to go to regedit and the select the Edit option. After reaching there you have to search the key " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 ". After finding this key you will be able to see value that is " ValueMax ". This will provide the number of cores that system will park. There you need to change the " ValueMax" to " ValueMin ".

Well I am not having any idea related to core parking but I am having basic knowledge. So I want to know whether there will be some benefits related to these things or there any disadvantages of this. Dose this thing saves the battery life of laptop or it will improve the performance of the laptop that I am using. In short I need information related to this thing.

Yes you are right on the node that this will reduce the amount of power consumption. Indirectly it will definitely improve the performance of the system. In short after doing this you will get a better system to handle. But you must be careful at the time of doing this because if you are any mistake at the time of doing this then you will face performance issues.

Well as I know there will a performance increase if you are disabling the core parking but there is extremely small percentage for the multithreaded applications that are reporting for the sensitive to windows 7. According to me trying this thing is not a good thing as there is a negligible amount of performance increase. Finally it depends to take the final decision for your laptop.