Thread: Contacts problem in iPhone4

Contacts problem in iPhone4

I cannot enter a postal address in my contacts from iPhone 4? When I try, the Application closes by itself. I can enter an address directly in the "Address Book" application from my MacBook then do a sync with iTunes. But I am unable to open the contact in the Iphone 4? I did a restore, but it changes nothing. Was there anyone who was facing similar problem and if they have got a solution then please let me know about it as well.

Re: Contacts problem in iPhone4

After you get into your Contacts inside your iphone then you will have to click on the groups icon in the left top and then choose all the contact in the list, you will find that on the + sign by going into your Settings > Phone and ensure that the international assist is turned on. After that you can try to take backup of all your contact to iTunes by connecting the iPhone 4 to the PC. This way whenever you will have similar trouble then atleast you can have your contacts back from the backup in iTunes.

Re: Contacts problem in iPhone4

Most of the time Itunes has the most recent back up saved in your PC, so dont just first of all connect your phone into PC or itunes. You can try to check if this backup can be "save as..." or something like that because whenever you connect your iPhone to iTunes then it will copy from your phone to Itunes and not the other way around. Also, try to check whether you have made a backup on to the iCloud and if you had then you dont have to worry at all.

I am also facing same problem. The contacts in my phone still show the proper country but phone numbers come up on the iPhone formatted with no names but just a long string of numbers and caller ID wont work for me until go back into Contacts and manually add a 1 in fron of each telephone number. This usually happens after switching from a fully functional iPhone 4 with iOS4 on AT&T to a new iPhone 4S on Verizon. I dont know if this has something to do with the different networks and how they see numbers formatted?