Thread: Dell 1555 power button problem

Dell 1555 power button problem

I have a Dell 1555 laptop and is giving me problems because when I give the power button lights up and sometimes it does not start the laptop so i need to press the button more harder. The laptop is still in the warrantz period and i do not know what to do please guide me in this matter. i want mz laptop to start working normally.

Re: Dell 1555 power button problem

A plastic plate is mounted where the power button you need to remove it with a screwdriver blade, you do this by inserting the screwdriver through the right or left side (width of the plate) and pry gently upwards, once removed test turn it on, if so then apply a small increase in silicon the power button, mounting plate back to turn at low load without any problem.

I just found a track because I just repair a SONY A317M who had the same symptoms. When rising the BIOS battery and putting it back in place (blue battery connected to the motherboard through a connector located under the keyboard). The machine restart without problems! By cons must be careful to remove the battery and do not leave the charger plugged in for the operation. Hopefully this should fix the issue.

Sounds like there is some kind of issue with the battery and hence your laptop is not working correctly. Moreover i would advice you to get your laptop checked by a hardware expert so that he can examine whether there is a problem with your battery. Try to recharge your battery and replace it once again.