Thread: Need technical help for Alienware Area-51 m9750 trouble

Need technical help for Alienware Area-51 m9750 trouble

I am having an Alienware Area-51 m9750 which is a year old. Yesterday when i was working on the same suddenly fan started running fast and the device of mine got Power off automatically. I have again restarted the computer of mine and come to know that it still running with the fast fan which result to power down of the system. Please help me with the same.

Re: Need technical help for Alienware Area-51 m9750 trouble

As you have suddenly started getting the Fan speed and power down of the device then it can be possible that you might getting the virus issue which is eating up the CPU usage and in result to that the PC getting power down. So to work with the issue i will advise you to install the Antivirus Program into the system and that should be updated with the latest virus database.

As per your issue i think that your system is heating up more and that due to overheating the computer is shutting down automatically to prevent the harm from the same. If possible for you then take out the Graphic Board and the apply the layer of the Thermal paste on it and place it back again. I think this will help you with the same.

I have tried the Thermal Paste on the Graphic board and the heating issue got resolved and i am working with the device of mine. But when i have installed the Furmark and run the same to check for the stability it is only showing me the 6/7 FPS and later on the blank screen which again converted into the Blue screen error. Any idea about this.

As your device got one year older and having no clean up performed till now so might be the fan of the device as well as CPU got dust on it which is decreasing the performance of the system and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. So if you are having the same problem and you wanted to get rid of the same then i will advise you to clean the Fan of the system as well as CPU which you are running and see whether it is working for you or not.

If nothing is working for you and you are still getting the same issue with the device of your then i will advise you to contact the Alienware regarding the issue of yours and see whether you are getting any working solution for same or not. As they are the manufacturer so they might be having the solution for the same.