Thread: Best 1.8 inch SSD

Best 1.8 inch SSD

I have recently bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad X301 and now i am looking forward to buy a new SSD for this laptop. Can you guys help me to know that which SSD would be perfect for my laptop and which is the best one in the category of 1.8 Inch SSDs? I have seen one SanDisk but did not liked it much so searching for an alternative.

Re: Best 1.8 inch SSD

I suggest you for Mtron SSD Mobi 3000 16GB, Mtron offers its high-end SSDs in both the ambitious and also for professional applications. MOBI The range is aimed at the target audience of PC users, a super-fast and highly efficient hard drive and want. The PRO series is designed for users in organizations that are interested in safe working storage with high performance and low power consumption.

Mtron SSD PRO is optimized for use in workstations, storage systems, blade servers, Web servers and SAS / DAS / RAID. Some best points about this SDD includes Storage latest storage technology with high functionality, High performance and reliability, High functionality for server systems, Ideal for data backup system in the enterprise, Highest data availability and integrity, High performance system without loss of use, Used memory: SLC (single-level cell), Aluminum housing, Low weight, Shock and Vibration, Little to no heat.

PhotoFast G-Monster 1.8 "V4-series (on-board cache) for 1.8 "IDE / P-ATA ZIF connectors with the 50 Pin (Toshiba Type) / 44 Pin (IBM X-Type). PhotoFast presents the 1.8 "V4 - model series, the world's first SSD-generation native IDE controller on-board cache for superior performance in the 4-k random write area, and firmware setting built-in garbage collection (internal defragmentation). These are available in unprecedented size of 256 GB.

The PhotoFast © G-Monster-1, 8 "V4 in 1.8" format is available with three different connectors: ZIF IDE, IDE 50-pin ("Toshiba-Type") or 44-pin IDE ("IBM X-Type"). It offers a sequential transfer rates of up to 128 MB / s read, 90MB / s write and by the 64 MB on-board cache 3 MB / s random write 4-k and is thus up to 10 times faster than traditional one , 8 "disks. The wear-leveling algorithm in the firmware of the G-Monster-1, 8 "V4 guarantees an even erase / write cycles over the entire flash memory.

OCZ SSD yet, it starts to be a habit. But this time it is on the small format, as in 1.8 inches. Thus, OCZ will soon sale Vertex 2 and Onyx in a smaller format. Vertex 2 is similar to the 2.5 inch model, and it operates a controller SandForce SF-1200, MLC chips and a SATA II interface. The speeds are 285 MB / sec read and 275 MB / sec write. It will be available in 60/120/240 GB for 244, 277 and 898 dollars with a guarantee of 3 years.

AMP (Active Media Products) has announced the launch of a new model of SSD, the SaberTooth ZT. At 1.8-inches, this SSD is available in 32GB and 64GB it uses a ZIF PATA interface and loads of flash memory chips and NAND MLC 32 or 64MB cache (depending on version). The controller used is unfortunately at present unknown. We know however that the cache is managed on two channels. The manufacturer also states that the SaberTooth ZT can reach speeds of around 100MB / s read and 85 MB / s write.