Thread: Bios Recovery on 4810T

Bios Recovery on 4810T

I was downgrading the bios of my Acer Aspire 4810T. I think that while doing so, I bricked it. After this the black screen appeared and I was Unable to format. In the bios it is impossible to read the drive and use the reinstall option. Can you all please tell me how can the booting on this notebook can be done again? Please help.

Re: Bios Recovery on 4810T

I had also corrupted my BIOS while doing some experiment with it, I also faced the similar problem. However I managed to get my BIOS recover. I will share the trick with you.
    1. First of all format a USB thumb drive using FAT, please use a small capacity thumb drive if possible.
    2. Then in the formated thumb drive put ICL50HW.fd file.
    3. Now remove the CD or DVD for the drive.
    4. Then remove all USB devices and network cables.
    5. Now shut down the laptop by pressing the Power Button of the laptop.
    6. Now remove the battery and then the AC cord.
    7. Put the USB THUMB DRIVE in the USB slot.
    8. Press the Power Button of the laptop for around 10 seconds.
    9. Now press the FN + ESC keys and then plug in the AC power cable.
    10. After all this press the Power Button of the laptop, by this time the fan should start.
    11. Once the fan starts, release the power button of the laptop.
    12. When the fan stops then remove the AC plug, then the USB Thumbdrive.
    13. Once you are done with this plug again the AC cord.
    14. Now press the Power Button of the laptop.

In my case this did the trick. Hope that the same happens with you. All the Best.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Can any one here on this forum suggest me some solutions regarding the BIOS recovery. I accidentally bricked my sister's Timeline 4810T, while downgrading it. Now if she comes to know about it she is going to kill me. Please help. I need to fix it before she can notice anything wrong has happened to it. She is right now out for 3 days for a camp, and I need to make it live before she comes back. Please Help.....

You are tempted to remove the battery from the bios at least 10 min after you plugin to your computer. I guess this is a bit complicated on the laptop. Have you submitted the parameter default bios? If not then please do this first and then check how you bios works. It is quite complicated to find the bios battery, generally be disassembled parts of the laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Bon-Z , thanks for your reply, but I do not think what you have suggested is going to work. Before this I have tried many other similar solutions, but whenever I used to stick the USB Drive to the USB slot, and start following the tutorial, then the laptop used to shut down after some time and then restart again. Then it just shows the black screen, and nothing seems like the laptop is doing. Please get me out of this guys......

I think there is going to have some issue while naming the BIOS file in the flash drive. The file that has been talked about needs to be specific as per the models. If the new files are renamed for the older models they are not going to work for sure. On this thread no one has yet mentioned the exact file name for the Timeline Model. If anyone can suggest it they all are welcomed. I did the BIOS recovery for the Acer Aspire 1410 as I got the exact file for that. I hope that you all will make it for the 4810T.

Most of them who nave tried the solution given by Bon-Z might be facing failure. This is because of all of you might not be getting the FN+ESC key combination work, but yes it can be made work. All you need is a file named JM41X64.fd. Once this is over, download the latest BIOS file from the Acer website. Extract the files and copy them in the ThumbDrive. Mow in the DOS directory you will find a GPCo231.bin file, just rename it to JM41X64.fd. Now put the Thumbdrive in any of the USB slot. Now press FN + ESC keys, and keep it holding, now press Power Button. If you are not willing to use the upgraded version of BIOS all you need to do is change the GPC_V131.bin file to JM41X64.fd. I got my 4810T, and hope that you all get yours back.