Thread: How best to get DD-HD and DTS-HD to my receiver

How best to get DD-HD and DTS-HD to my receiver

I need to some answer for this : The DD True HD and DTS HD are the ultimate future of audio formats , but will only present on the HD DVD or BRD , but not on SD DVD ? To benefit ( directly without any intermediary processing , and thus the theoretical maximum quality encoding ) on an amp like mine ( Marantz SR 7200 with no HDMI ) is this possible ? it would not be the amp that would do the decoding, but the reader, but to date , areas that are advertised , are they able to do this decoding? Please reply.

Re: How best to get DD-HD and DTS-HD to my receiver

DTS HD is the evolution of the SDR (5.1 ), but in high definition format is for HD -DVD ( or Blu- ray) what the (DTS and Dolby Digital ) for the DVD. It offers a maximum throughput of 24 Mbits / second ( 7.1 in the 24 -bit 96 kHz) and an unlimited number of channels , however, the HD -DVD and Blu - ray limit the number of audio channels to 8 and a maximum flow 3 Mbit / second, so a DTS HD 8-channel (7.1 ) in 24 -bit / 48 kHz ). Note that this format will be transmitted digitally by a HDMI 1.3 connection at a minimumThe coaxial or optical digital connection without sufficient capacity to handle this format . Or if you have an amp scalable 7.1, it will be possible to enjoy via 8 analog RCA cables , the decoder located in the HD- DVD or Blu - ray.

Dolby TrueHD is a lossless audio format used on the HD media like HD -DVD or Blu -ray. This format delivers an exceptional sound quality , identical to the master made in the studio. Dolby True HD offers up to eight channels ( 7.1) in 24 bits / 96 kHz and with a maximum throughput of 18 Mbps. It is compatible with HDMI ( digital SCART ) . Note that this format can deliver more than 8 channels , but HD -DVD and Blu- ray for the time limit the number of audio channels to eight . Note that this format will be transmitted digitally by a HDMI 1.3 connection at a minimumThe coaxial or optical digital connection without sufficient capacity to handle this format . Or if you have an amp scalable 7.1, it will be possible to enjoy via 8 analog RCA cables , the decoder located in the HD- DVD or Blu - ray.

Dolby Digital Plus is a compressed audio format , the development of Dolby Digital ( 6 channels) , it provides a sound standard 8-channel (7.1 ), especially on HD -DVD (which for the time limit to eight the number of audio channels) And a maximum of 14 channels ( 13.1). Its flow rate is 6.144 Mb / second ( cons 640 kb / second for Dolby Digital) can deliver better sound quality than Dolby Digital Classic . Dolby Digital Plus is also compatible with Dolby Digital . DD + is mandatory audio standard and optional HD-DVD to Blu - ray . Note that this format will be transmitted digitally by a HDMI 1.3 connection at a minimumThe coaxial or optical digital connection without sufficient capacity to handle this format . Or if you have an amp scalable 7.1, it will be possible to enjoy via 8 analog RCA cables , the decoder located in the HD- DVD or Blu - ray.

Actually the new formats will only be on HD- DVD and optional on the Blu -ray
    * To carry the DTS- HD , Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus it takes at least an HDMI 1.3 or via RCA cables if the amplifier is scalable 7.1 (8 wires instead of one)
    * The decoder of new formats will sound the player and not the amp (I think at first and then they will integrate into future amps).

The HDMI standard is capable of sending 8 -channel PCM 24 bit / 96 kHz and this since version 1.0 . Version 1.2 and 1.2a allows 8 channels @ 192 kHz . The DTS- HD , Dolby TrueHD and DD + can therefore pass without losses and digitally on any version of HDMI in 96 Khz and from 1.2 to 192 kHz. HDMI version 1.3 provides the transport mode of these flows native ie with decompression on the receiver . It is important to distinguish here the notion of " decompression "from that of " decoding " . The fact that the decompression ale place on the receiver does not change the level of data but has little influence on the jitter.