Thread: How to recover the BIOS on Toshiba Satellite

How to recover the BIOS on Toshiba Satellite

Hello,
    There is a laptop Toshiba Satellite A300D-158 ruined firmware and is not the native BIOS-and from under the OS. Bios Phoenix. In my eyes (sorry) it sewed up the BIOS of A300 (without specifying the index). Of course, after rebooting new laptop in a coma: light button and LED Power (Satellite logo is not lit), working HDD, short one-time address to the CD-rom. Judging by the fact that the firmware BIOS, though not native, under Win occurred successfully, it is hoped that the Boot Block is not damaged. An attempt to rescue the BIOS does not succeed. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: How to recover the BIOS on Toshiba Satellite

I think you should download the latest firmware for this model of laptop from the site of Toshiba. Create a bootable usb-flash (2GB) with Crysis Disk c files BIOS.WPH MINIDOS.COM PHLASH16.EXE. Created usb-FDD using the same Crysis Disk, with the same set of files. Burn a bootable CD from an image created with CDImage, with the same set of files. I think this should work for you.

Try to launch new laptop in the BIOS recovery mode with alternate use of these media. Take out the battery, pull the cord, took out both HDD, put [usb-flash / usb-fdd / CD], pressed Fn + Esc, put the power cord, hold Fn + Esc pressed Power. Next was supposed to start the process of restoring BIOS, which are a sign of treatment Toshiba to usb-flash / usb-fdd / cd-rom. But the new laptop just flashes the Power button and indicator Power, in the first second prishodit some appeal to the cd-rom (the same duration, regardless of the CD in the drive).

Every effort is made easier:

- Format the flash drive to FAT.
    - Rename the BIOS file in insyde.fd or bios.fd expansion can try to leave the family.
    - Write this file to your flash drive or floppy. (If only the motherboard read)
    - Turning off from food, remove the battery, you can remove the screw and a DVD drive.
    - Insert the stick, turn on.
    - Stifle, one of the combinations of Fn + F, Fn + B, Win + F, Win + B, Ctrl + Home, Ctrl + Esc, Fn + Esc. Then, without releasing, press the POWER. Indicator flashes have blinked (is reading), waiting for reboot or ten minutes.
    - BIOS altered to!

PS In my case (toshiba satellite a300) worked the combination Fn + F.

I tried other combination, which are generally neither as new laptop does not respond: Fn + F, Fn + B, Win + F, Win + B, Ctrl + Home, Ctrl + Esc. At the Fn + Esc, blink button and indicator Power, although the logo Satellite yet still does not burn. The exact combination of keys to activate the recovery BIOS for this laptop I could not be found, so the Fn + Esc is still the only combination in which somehow reacts to new laptop. Usb-flash and usb-floppy tried in turn connected to each USB-port. I tried to run with the battery inserted, and connected with the HDD. But even this does not work for me.