Thread: iPhone 4 Rant

iPhone 4 Rant

I want to discuss about my new iPhone (my rant). I see the iPhone in April and although I admit it looks very sexy I must say that I am not at all impressed. First: Video Phone, really? the technology came with the 3G connection 10 years ago and it was rejected because the servers of the telephone could not bear the burden, and apparently not now. Apple is not a video call if you are pushed Wi-Fi in a closed network. Second, and connection 4G? ok is a new technology but other phones will have it (eg VOD). Third, returning to the video, FaceTime is not an open standard, like you say, is based on a proprietary codec like the H.264 and therefore cannot be called open. There are dozens of Open Standards for that use, again, if you paint a red handle is still a handle does not matter what you say. Third, returning to the video, FaceTime is not an open standard, like you say, is based on a proprietary codec like the H.264 and therefore cannot be called open. There are dozens of Open Standards for that use, again, if you paint a red handle is still a handle does not matter what you say. My recommendation: wait for the end of the year and then comparing iOS4 Win7 vs 2.2 vs Android Mobile ... will be an interesting year.

I would like to see your views too, so feel free to post it here.

Re: iPhone 4 Rant

On the first point you are absolutely right. Point 2 is not real, the iPhone does not support 4G 4. Point 3 is not something that surprised because apple only supports this codec, all technically formae V8 can only do competition and still in diapers. On the rest is correct perception also from my point of view, not only against Frey, but against what is, in passing the first edition of WP7 not think it's a rival competition in terms of features refers (on specific features because The terms of usability seems to be something that we will have to pay much attention). Also interesting will be the response of the hardware manufacturers (HTC) against Retina.

Re: iPhone 4 Rant

Thanks for your comment id. In point two is what I meant, does not support 4G but the EVO is announced to have support for even if that technology is not being used by the telephone, I guess this is the reason why Apple was left with the 3G in order to offer something that no easily used when "we will include it in the next version of iPhone". What I do not like is that they relate to FaceTime as Open Standard when they really mean is that they wanted to become a standard developable long as you follow our rules of the game to Istor. Again, thank you for your always right valuations, are appreciated.