Thread: Toshiba Satellite A205-S5879 Adapter plugged in not charging

Toshiba Satellite A205-S5879 Adapter plugged in not charging

I having an issue with the Toshiba Satellite A205-S5879 which is not working with the AC adapter. Actually by device is older and when i plugged into the AC Adapter for charging it is not detected by the laptop of mine. Thinking that this is the issue with the AC adapter, i have bought a new AC Adapter and connected the same but still no connectivity. So if you can then help me with the issue. Thank in advance.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A205-S5879 Adapter plugged in not charging

This is the problem just like other user are getting with the Toshiba. So you are not alone for this. To work with the issue i will advise you to follow the below given instruction that will help you with the same.
    • Turn off laptop.
    • Unplug AC power.
    • Remove battery.
    • Wait for 15 minutes
    • Place the Battery again
    • Connect the AC power

I think that you should have to reset the BIOS which might got malfunctioned and that is why it is not responding with the device of yours. Just perform the reset of the BIOS and see whether this resolve the issue of yours which you are getting with the Toshiba Satellite A205-S5879. I hope this will help you with the same.

It can also be possible that the system of yours might got attacked with the Spyware or malware which is very high risk virus for the computer. I will advise you to install a good antivirus program which should be updated with the latest virus database. After that run the complete system into the safe mode and search for the virus.

It can be possible that the contacting port of the AC Adapter might got the blocked by something. Just try to clear the same with the help of the pencil and after that connect the AC Adapter again to check whether getting the connectivity or not. If port is not yet connecting then might be you need to replace the port.

After trying all the above if you are still not getting it work then i think you need to contact the Toshiba help center for support for this issue as it is not resolving. As they are the developer and your device is under the warranty then they will advise you the proper solution which will work with the issue of yours.

I think you got the faulty board which is got the corrupted. If this is the case then only you can replace the Motherboard with new one which is the only thing that you can do with this kind of issue. Just find the compatible board and then install the same into the device and you will be able to work with the issue of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalitkishore5 View Post
    I having an issue with the Toshiba Satellite A205-S5879 which is not working with the AC adapter. Actually by device is older and when i plugged into the AC Adapter for charging it is not detected by the laptop of mine. Thinking that this is the issue with the AC adapter, i have bought a new AC Adapter and connected the same but still no connectivity. So if you can then help me with the issue. Thank in advance.
    Did you solved your problem? I´m facing the same problem... Do already know what is happening to your note?

I Have A P205-s6267 Satelite. It Is Doing The Same Thing. It Just Started Doing This Shortly After I Bought A New Battery, Although The Battery Seems To Work Fine. At First It Was Plugged In And Not Charging. Now I Have Noticed It Plugged In Not Charging And Discharging. You Could Take The Battery Out And Reset It Being Plugged In....but Now It Turns Off. The Power Cord Works Fine.

I Have A Sense As The Machine Gets Hot This Happens. Do The Newer Batteries Have Some Type Of Circuit Built Into Them For Over Heating.

This Battery Is A 9 Volt Vs A 6 Volt That Came With The Machine. I Reloaded Operating System And Reset The Bios.

It Will Recharge When The Machine If Of Or Cool.

Cann Anyone Solve The Mystery?

It seems to be the faulty system which you are using and having some of the issue with the board which is not working properly. Regarding this issue i will advise you to contact the Manufacturer who can help you with the issue which you are going through. Just contact the developer i.e Toshiba and see what they do to resolve the issue. I think this will help you.

its is out of warranty. the machine is 3.5 to 4 years old. now it turns off right after boot up now if the battery is removed. i getting close to certain that the mystery is dust and lint and it is overheating. i had this problem with another toshiba machine that i had equally long. it booted up and turned right off....there was a blanket of lint inside.. i am taking it in. i am in a hot climate now....this is what it all may be about ......overheating because of dust inside

best......let you know

I have also seen this problem occuring many a times due to the little pin inside that gets broken where you plug the charger into most probably because you have not been very gentle with it when plugging and unplugging the connector. So, to get this repaired you will have to pay around $120 bucks, that is if you can get some repair shop near you to fix it, though the part only costs $0.50 to buy.

HI Solomon

The pin is OK.....when It gets taken apart........or repaired I'll post

best