Thread: What is the boot drive of Qosmio X505-Q890?

What is the boot drive of Qosmio X505-Q890?

Friends I am going to buy Qosmio X505-890. Can you tell me what the term boot drive actually mean? Is it a 64GB solid state drive or the 500 GB Hard drive? I am waiting for the answer and I will be thankful to the person who can give me a satisfactory answer. Thank you for your reply in advance. My PC configuration is:
    X305-720 Upgraded
    Core2 Quad Extreme CPU 2.4Ghz 12mb L2 cache
    Last edited by Chitamacha; 05-09-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Re: What is the boot drive of Qosmio X505-Q890?

On the configuration you told the boot drive will be the 64 gig SSD drive. SSD drives are much faster then the normal disk drive. SSD drive uses the same interface as Hard drive. SSD stands for Solid State Drive and it is better then the hard drive. It will be better for you to use SSD instead of using hard drive.

As far as I know The boot drive is nothing but the where the operating system first loads when the system booted. It is usually Drive A: or C:. Usually a PC will always try to boot from A: drive that is floppy drive and if it found that there is no disk in drive then it will boot from C: drive. I hope this will give you the clear idea what is the Boot drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos16 View Post
    As far as I know The boot drive is nothing but the where the operating system first loads when the system booted. It is usually Drive A: or C:. Usually a PC will always try to boot from A: drive that is floppy drive and if it found that there is no disk in drive then it will boot from C: drive. I hope this will give you the clear idea what is the Boot drive.
    Thank you very much friends for such a informative replies. I got the idea about the the boot drive. Now I also can make people understand about the boot drive. Thank you again for the replies. God Bless.

Boot drive is nothing but the drive where the operating system loaded first. If you don't have a boot drive then system will fail to load operating system and will show the error accordingly. Your system can not start because it does not have operating system. This will halt the boot process. So it is the most important part of computer system.

There are two terms, which is typically used for addressing the volumes which contains the start up files and the operating system files. Name for this volume's are
    • system volume
    • boot volume

These volume's are for Windows XP or the Windows Vista.

You can diskette instead of your hard drive with the help of boot drive. This will help you to solve the issue which may arise in lifetime of your computer. But you should know that diskette is completely different from the Disk or Restore Disk.