Thread: Hotkeys on Windows 7 on L455-s5009

Hotkeys on Windows 7 on L455-s5009

Previously I was using the windows 7 as a operating system but then I have removed the original windows 7, and after that I have installed windows 7 ultimate. And for that I have downloaded Toshiba drivers and software. But then also I facing one problem here. In that my hotkeys are not working properly. Is there any idea that I can make them work?

Re: Hotkeys on Windows 7 on L455-s5009

you are using satellite L455-S5009. I am considering that you are working on 64-bit Windows, in that you just try to uninstalling and reinstalling the TVAP below. Actually the version numbers are the same, but these downloaded file are not same. You just try it if one is not working in your case then try the other one.
    Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows 7 (64) (Version 1.2.26_64 - Released 09/14/09)
    Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows 7 (64) (Version 1.2.26_64 - Released 10/07/09)
    You will get these versions on the Toshiba web site simply download from there and then install it.

This is same problem which is happening since last week on my Toshiba satellite L455 S5009. Now I got a new window7 ultimate for my uncle because he has home premium version, and I installed everything and works fine, except for the wi-fi hotkey. It is not not working in his computer. I ahve tried all other hotkeys except for that one. But now the serious thing is that almost all the hotkeys are not working and same thing is happened with the second one also.So is there any thing which I can do here?

I am facing the same problem which is related to Hot keys. Actually I am using Toshiba satellite L455-S5000 laptop. I got this few month back these hot keys were working but at that time I didn’t try them. Now none of them are working. The laptop came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OS. I haven't changed the OS. When I press the FN key, the lights above the 9 and 0 keys light up on the keyboard, but the drop down icons don't show up on the display, nor do pressing the FN and any of the F1-12 buttons do anything. It really be nice to get working with the FN keys. I have already un-installed and re-installed the TVAP software from Toshiba - with no change - still not working. But here when I have uninstall it then FN and f6and f7 work to change the display brightness but the wireless FN keys f8 won’t turn on or off. So any suggestion for me.

Ok Try this one I hope it will work. You have just removed your battery and AC adapter. And after that close the power switch for a minute. And then reattach those press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. after that press f9 to restore the BIOS default setting in last press e10 and then select yes then Exit Saving Changes. After doing all that restart your computer. Hope it will surely fix your problem.

I was also facing it some month back Then I got its solution from one of my cousin. I just share it hope it will fix your problem.When I was reading your problem so I come to this that there are some patch file which will be missing in that and because of that it is not working properly. You just need to install TVAP. Have you access the application disk creator? And then if you upgrade your os you may have the application program still on your hard disk. And then you go to the program files,Toshiba and Install. Install the program. So hope it will fix your problem.

I think same issue happen with my friend also. He was also so much worry about this problem. Then from one of forum site he got the solution in that user suggest him it is happening because of virus also you just format your pc this time and see whether it fix your problem or not. He did the same thing and his issue gets cleared. I think you also try this one time may it fix your problem also.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's