Thread: Toshiba Face Recognition Failed

Toshiba Face Recognition Failed

I am using Toshiba laptop. I want to use face recognition to capture my photo. But whenever I try to use face recognition software to capture my photo under Toshiba utility. It shows me error message that Initialization of camera device failed. It may be used by another application or this device may not be recognized by the system. What should I do? Please provide proper solution.

Re: Toshiba Face Recognition Failed

I was getting the same error message as you told. It was a silly error that I forget to turned on my webcam. Now I would be happy if I could just get the face recognition to find my face. I have used face recognition very time and never got such mistake. So you check out that your webcam is switched on or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have the solution for this problem because I was also having the same problem. I tried to reinstall face recognition software many times but that doesn’t help. When you start face recognition and it shows the message “Initializing” then at that time your face should be 5 to 10 inches away from the webcam. Otherwise It will not see you and initializing process will be continued.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

When your computer is in standby mode, your camera is used by your camera software. You have to kill or abort or end that process any way to use it. For that you can use Task Manager. Just open your task manager by pressing alt + ctrl + del Button. And there click on process tab and find the process "CEC_MAIN.EXE". Click on it and it will be highlighted. Then click on end process or press del button, it will end this process. Now your webcam can be recognized.

You can follow these steps to solve your issue.

• Click on start button and go to all programs, navigate the Camera Assistant Software folder and select Camera Assistant Software.
    • Now you can move the mouse to the middle of the left edge of the screen and you will see a panel of icons.
    • Click on start webcam icon. It will Optionally start a different webcam application if you have installed it previously.

Your webcam indicator light will turn on now. This indicate that your webcam is running.

I think you have problem with your webcam driver and you have to reinstall the driver. But to do that you should log in as Administrator or you should have Administrator password while installing. Because you will be asked for the admin password in between the installation.

Here are the steps :
    • Go through the path Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Device Manager.
    • There right click on Chicony USB 2.0 Camera and just select update driver software. If you see a yellow exclamation point then this means that camera is recognized by the system but it is not working properly. It is the problem with device manager.
    • For drive software Select Browse my computer.
    • Now Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • From the list select USB video and click next to proceed.
    • If you see the message “Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device” then click close.
    • Final step is to restart your computer

It should make your webcam to work properly.

I think it is a hardware problem. If you want to be sure that it is a hardware problem or not then the only way to find it is to restore the hard drive to its factory-new contents. And this can be done using Toshiba recovery media. You can visit Toshiba recovery media to know more about Toshiba recovery media.

I just got a Toshiba laptop and tried for a while to register my face. I eventually gave up but when I went back to try again, I got the error message. It says "An error has occurred. Toshiba Face Recognition will be closed." Even when I turned on the web cam the same error came up. I have removed the driver and installed it but that has not worked. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by redracer246 View Post
    I just got a Toshiba laptop and tried for a while to register my face. I eventually gave up but when I went back to try again, I got the error message. It says "An error has occurred. Toshiba Face Recognition will be closed." Even when I turned on the web cam the same error came up. I have removed the driver and installed it but that has not worked. Any other ideas?
    YOu should try reinstalling the drivers. It should fix the problem. You can download the required drivers from here: http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.c...ivers_bios.jsp