Thread: Acer 5920G Display Flickering

Acer 5920G Display Flickering

I am using an Acer Aspire 5920G laptop from last 2 years but never faced any problem with its screen but suddenly something has happened to its screen and it started flickering continuously. I have tried using this laptop without an adapter but still it was flickering. This laptop has a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphic card. Please do not tell me that i have to change the screen of my laptop.

Re: Acer 5920G Display Flickering

I guess if there would be any problem with the screen itself and if you still have warranty, take it necessarily right, because later it will be expensive. Presumably, either the backlight of the TFT panel (small neon tube) or the inverter that generates the high voltage for this is to adopt, of course. If you can reset the monitor brightness can thus extend the life of perhaps a little bit.

I had stopped the power supply to continue on battery power, I found that the flicker then no longer occurred. Then I discovered that apparently brought only on battery power lowered screen brightness flickering to stop, because a manual spin up the brightness led once again to the problem. The same was also to recognize when I am in network operation during a "Flickering" reduced the brightness and the flicker with each step less brightness was weaker and stopped at the lowest brightness.

Background light consists of very thin tubes ("CCFL") and usually an "inverter" of a relatively high frequency (in the range of hundreds of Hertz) generates high voltage (over 100V). If you're lucky, that is, only the inverter is broken, the value of material costs hardly anything here. However, the question of where to find a real professional who has appropriate spare parts or can get it cheap and not simply exchanging the complete display unit.

This could be the problem with the graphic cards drivers due to which your screen might be flickering. I suggest you to try the latest drivers on your laptop and then check that the flickering gets off or not. It is simple to think that if you system showing any display problem then there could be an issue of display driver.

The flickering screen indicates that it is a backlight problem with either a faulty inverter or inverter connection problem. The inverter is usually located at the bottom edge of the LCD screen, and may have one or two connectors (one for the video info. and one for the inverter power or a combined connector) attached to the motherboard under the case near the top edge of the keyboard near the hinges. Resetting these connectors may solve your problem.

windows might have recently updated the driver and it might have changed the settings. right click on your desktop click personlise then display settings try changing the resolutions and the refresh rate to 60hz if that doesnt work download the driver of your graphics card from your manufactures website and install it over the old driver and do the same for the monitor. Let me know how you get on!