Thread: Vista-compatible driver for HP scanjet 4400c

Vista-compatible driver for HP scanjet 4400c

I have a HP scanjet 4400c. The Resolution: 1200 x 1200, Miscellaneous: 3 years warranty, Platforms: MAC / PC, Color Depth: 48 bit, Vertical Optical Resolution: 1200 dpi. But I am looking for the driver for running Vista on my HP scanner SCANJET 4400c. My searches on the site of Hewlett Packard have been unsuccessful. I downloaded a software "Genius Pro" to have access to a database of drivers without success. Please help.

Re: Vista-compatible driver for HP scanjet 4400c

Just download the driver for XP on the HP site in french of preference, then you decompress the file in a directory that will create itself on the C: This is the directory I think SJ 657 . the interior, there is still a subdirectory Fr and it contains a setup.exe file, it should be put in compatibility with windows XP sp2. With the right click of the mouse (Properties, and select compatible with XP, then apply before closing the window. Progamme we launch the setup and the driver installed under Vista. It works perfectly without any bug.

Indeed, manufacturers have no plans to develop drivers for their scanners for recent versions of Windows, including Windows Vista and Windows 7 64bit. However, there is a way to run your scanner on these old versions of Windows. This solution is not universal because it may be that it does not work on some versions of your operating system, but it still works on most.

This solution is called VueScan, a quick scan program very useful, which installs the drivers 'universal' that can handle more than 700 scanners and more than 209 cameras now. This little program works not only on Windows XP but also on Vista and Windows 7 in 32 and 64 bits. Once you've downloaded, launch the application, the drivers will be automatically taken to place the records of drivers for your computer.

check the steps:
    - Download of drivers Basic on the HP site for HP 4400c for WinXP
    - Updated Windows Update Tool 3.0 Frameworks (use windows update and update advanced)
    - Uninstalling own other HP drivers and other drivers USB
    - Reboot the PC and checking in the BIOS to activate the USB 2.0
    - Waiting for the resettlement of USB ports and other périphérqiues by Windows (automatic procedure, see the info bubble)
    - Installing the VIA 4in1 version 4.43 package, then restart the PC
    - Powering the HP Photosmart 4400 but not connected to PC via USB, it should indeed do so when installing drivers
    - Basic Installation of HP Drivers, follow the installation procedure and then connect the USB multifunction.

Go to the HP website and download any file installation, including drivers (do not run it but save it on the desktop, after 45 Mn). Once off the machine. Turn on, start the installation point.exe (do not connect the USB cable). Allow the installation to take place and do not connect the USB cable when prompted. Once installation is complete, do not try to work on. Close, shut down the machine, turn it on again (while connected), it should work. A test: go to control panel config "Scanner and Cameras" click on the scanner wizard windows should propose a scan.