Thread: HP 4850 Scanjet Windows 7 drivers still not available

HP 4850 Scanjet Windows 7 drivers still not available

I have a scanner (HP Scanjet 4400c), which is plugged in and everything, but that does not appear in the control panel, scanners and cameras and then later, when I run the program "HPprecisionscan" that I downloaded from hp, AC told me that the scanner is not found.What should I do? I am using windows 7 and HP Scanjet 4400c drivers is still missing from my system, i can not find them. Please help.

Re: HP 4850 Scanjet Windows 7 drivers still not available

The problem is usually due to lack of Stimon.exe (Still Image Monitor) in the list of tasks. First go to start -> run and type: Stimon.exe. Now run the program HPprecisionscan, normally it should work. If it works, go start -> run and type: msconfig. In the startup tab, locate the line Still Image Monitor or Stimon. Verified that the box is checked. If it is inexistance go start -> setting -> Control Panel -> taskbar. Tab Start -> select Classic Start Menu -> Customize: In menu smith add the C: \ WINDOWS \ SYSTEM \ Stimon.exe. A program to add close the window in the taskbar by pressing ok two times. Restart the PC.

You need to first register to download the drivers from the HP.com, because ,
    # Maintain a list of your HP products
    # Maintain a list of your support calls
    # Save and view your favorite support documents
    # Faster access to your driver downloads
    # Get an overview of warranties for your systems and close to the end
    # Save your settings country and language.

There is simply no drivers, there has not vista. Did you try to simply connect the scanner to your PC and let Windows search for the seven drivers? (Thinking to launch windows update if it finds nothing). If it either does not work, your scanner is simply incompatible with Windows 7 and the last thing to do is to contact Canon support to see if they are bearing the problem or not.

I have an HP Photosmart C5180, W7 was recognized from the outset. Even better: it seems that since the updates were installed automatically via Windows Update. So I did not need to install anything from HP site and everything works perfectly. I even find that compared to the software installed via the CD under Vista, the new home window makes it easier to use the printer and scanner.

Your driver is probably not made for Windows 7 (in fact, come you did not get the CD it does not help matters. go on the manufacturer's site download the proper driver. But I think it ended up grilling because I had two HP printers and two different networks (home, work). It lacks one detail (important), when you have installed XP after first boot, do not forget to install the add-on if guests mouse, monitor, USB ports are poorly managed or not.