Thread: Timeline 4810T fan always on

Timeline 4810T fan always on

I have a Timeline 4810T. I have the fan in it always on. I can not understand that whether this problem is because of the CPU or the GPU. I am using Ubuntu along with the CPU frequency scaling monitor applet. It is used in order to monitor and manage the CPU. On the lowest frequency, the fan does not stop. Can you all suggest me something so that I can control this. I am very much desperate about doing this. Please help.

Re: Timeline 4810T fan always on

I did not get why are you so worried about the fan. It should be always on. It is normal. Do not be so tensed about this. If you yet want to go for this then I think that you need to modify the DSDT table. The DSDT table is in the registry, try modifying it, and I guess that will allow you to control the fan.Hope this could help you.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

On my 4810T I have dual partition. I am finding the problem with the fan of my laptop. I have seen that the fan continuously spins. It spins even when the temperatures are not high. I can not understand why in the world is this happening. I have installed the SENSORS applet to monitor the temperatures. But it said that the temperature is pretty low. Can you all suggest what is to be done?

I am also facing the same sort of problem. The fan in my laptop always keeps running even when the temperatures are pretty normal. I think because of this the battery backup that it used to have previously has also suffered. I have observed a huge change in the performance of the laptop. On the dual boot when I am running Windows 7 then it is around 35C and the battery is durable for around 5 hours, and when I am using Ubuntu(the other operating system) the temperature reaches 45C and the battery backup goes down drastically to 2-3 hours. Please help.

Somewhat similar problem. After the laptop resumes from the sleep mode, the fan always remains on. I have tried to use many different versions of the BIOS in order to get rid of it. It is causing me much problem, and I really want to get rid of it. I have tried to restart the system in order to solve the problem but it did not work. Please suggest something that can be done, so that it can be removed permanently.

You did not mention about the BIOS version that you are using right know. Are you using the 1.20 or higher? I hope not. If you are using , then I would strictly suggest you to downgrade your BIOS to 1.17, or the previous stable version that you were using in your laptop. I was facing many problem when I upgraded the BIOS so I revert back to previous one and know the things are working pretty correctly. Hope that you also get your problems solved. Do pst if the problem gets solved.

I do not think that there is something that BIOS updation caused you this. I guess that you have faulty ACPI driver. Other thing that may be causing this if you are using Vista is Vista's GUI overlay. I wanted to ask you that after the sleep mode does the desktop screen comes up? Or there is only a black screen with the fan in full speed?