Thread: Acer 5740G original BIOS

Acer 5740G original BIOS

I have Acer Aspire 5740G. I am trying to find the BIOS (1.09) for the same. Can anyone suggest me the site from where I can download it. On my laptop the BIOS update failed and now it is giving me BSOD, whenever the Windows 7 is loading. CAn it be eventually possible to downgrade the BIOS? I want to downgrade the BIOS from 1.16 to 1.09. Please help.

Re: Acer 5740G original BIOS

Is your laptop passing the POST test. If at all it is doing that and it is giving you the BSOD, then it means that there is no problem with the BIOS. In case of downgrading you must be careful while dealing with the BIOS. Before downgrading, deal with it as if it was the problem of the Windows. In the world when the BIOS is down you won't be able to pass the POST test.

I am not getting this thing. Why are you changing the BIOS? It is needed to be done only when there is something that is not working and will only run when the BIOS is updated. Id this is not the scenario then you are try to fix something that is not broken at all. Till when the system is not causing the trouble you should not go with the update. There has to be some strong reason for doing that. Simply taking the risk of upgrading the BIOS is totally a bad idea.

I am not getting this, why are you searching for the BIOS. I would simply suggest you to rollback for your BIOS. If you rollback your BIOS then you will able to get the solution for your BIOS problem. As you are getting the problem when you updated your BIOS and it failed so, simply remove that and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. Try doing this, and let me know if this helped.

Actually I wanted to make my battery status working. Something was wrong with the battery status. About the BSOD, in the Windows loading screen I usually get this BSOD. I guess this is nothing but the windows problem that it should deal with. Now I actually want to know why in the world that happened? I tried the Windows repair option, but this did not solve the problem, and now I think that I need to go for the fresh installation of the Windows 7....

I wanted to know if there is something that the updation of the BIOS can help in increasing the speed of the processors, or can it help in fixing the temperatures. I have read that this helps, but I an not that sure about it. Any help in this matter will really be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes sometimes the BIOS updates do work in critical conditions. It sometimes fix throttling issues. However it cannot on its own lower the temperature. When the previous BIOS was poor i.e. it prevents the memory from running at full speed, the updates makes the system faster. For you all, the BIOS 1.16 version changes the battery criteria, so it is worth indeed.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's