Thread: Toshiba Satellite L305-S5955 - Wireless Internet Connection

Toshiba Satellite L305-S5955 - Wireless Internet Connection

I am using my Toshiba Satellite L305-S5955 notebook from past 6 months and sometimes have to face with the problem of wireless internet.Even if I try to reconnect, the windows gives an error of “Security Key is Incorrect” and after someday the error distorted to “Low Wireless Signal”. I try to fix this problem by restarting my PC and having some virus scan but that doesn’t work. So please guide me with the proper solution.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L305-S5955 - Wireless Internet Connection

I am too having this same model of Toshiba laptop and have a Intel wireless card in it. Even then to having the problem with frequently drop down of 1 MPS. My friend having the different model of Toshiba laptop but have the constant speed on it. I think I need to update my drivers to get fix with this problem.

I am having the same Toshiba Satellite L305-S5955 from 2 years and was facing the drop down problem of wireless internet connection.I updated my drivers from the official website of Toshiba and got some extent solve with the the wireless internet.Updating your drivers may help you to fix with your problem of wifi.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I updated my drivers but it does not solve with the problem then I reinstalled the driver but still getting an error of Security Key is Incorrect. I came to know that turning off the security in your router may solve the problem to some level but there may be an risk if you turn off the security of your router.

My friend was having a different network card Belkin 802.11g in his laptop and was having a good performance. So even I tried to insert it in my laptop and got fix with it which provided me with superb connection at 54 mps. However I desire to utilize the in-built wireless card which does accept an unsecured network from someplace in my area but the signal is low down.

You have to ensure that your computer close to your wireless router and you have been provided with the fine signal. To check the signal strength of the wireless connection you need to take the mouse pointer to the wireless connection icon which is at the bottom right corner of your taskbar by which you will get to know about the working of wifi is well or not.

My friend was having the same problem with the wireless internet connection, so he just tried resetting the router to the company default setting. By changing the setting of the wireless card to the default factory on the router .So just try out with this solution then you will be able to connect to internet with no problem and if do not work then you must be having the wireless portion of your router is bad.