Thread: Toshiba Satellite L305 S5885 Function key not working

Toshiba Satellite L305 S5885 Function key not working

I am having a little problem with my Toshiba Satellite L305 S5885 Notebook keyboard. For some time, the volume can no longer Fn + F5 (louder), or fn + F6 (settle down). Instead of opening at the first combination of the I-Explorer and the second does the (pocket) calculator. What have I done now wrong and what must I do to make the reverse? Am very grateful for any advice!

Re: Toshiba Satellite L305 S5885 Function key not working

I finally found the problem! Finally it works for me. I have a Vaio VGN-FS315M. You will then assistance on the laptop manufacturer's website then you download the zip file then you installer utilities in order: When prompted to restart you restart. For the two folder will be the case. Normally qd your computer on again (after the installation folder working again, if it is not the case continues by installing folder 6.

Go to the "Start" "Run" and type "services.msc" you are in the service managers and locate here:
    1. "VAIO Event Service"
    2. Right click and "Start"
    3. The problem is solved (at least for me ...
    4. To start that it "remains" always in the right click select "Properties" and under "Startup Type" select "Automatic".

I also have the same problem on a VGN-FS315M. In panic, I installed everything I could find on the toshiba support website. Both drivers as "FS3_Utils" and oddly enough once you install everything there is in "FS3_Utils. The Fn key working I could adjust my brightness. By cons when it restarts it does not work (even if no update has been made at the close of XP).

The story is that I wanted to reduce the maximum use of process windows and I closed my ds so he who was called Hotkey.exe I think .... brief the FN key on Vaio is the process Hotkey. if you could have even after restart The computer you should look eh bin 'Hotkey download' drivers on a site or even on google. you will soon find

I have a pb with my Vaio VGN-FS215E My impression is that the fn key is blocked: I no longer need to press "Fn" to increase or decrease volume, brightness. And so consequently, the keys associated with Fn Fn meet only features. Example: I can not use the key "del". Also, I can not move me as before with the arrows keys left and right: a list of file, I go from first to last .The same goes for what is text, I will most letters in words but from the beginning to the end of paragraphs.

If you use your partition or CDs for the installation on your VAIO, reinstall the original system after a backup and everything will work. For Fox, I'm not understand your problem, but be sure you're in the same language on all software, because you can choose different languages depending on the software keyboard.