Thread: Qosmio X505-Q875 -Fabrication Issues

Qosmio X505-Q875 -Fabrication Issues

I have purchased an q875 before some weeks from NewEgg. Out of the box, I got a dark shadow line upon the complete lower section of the screen around the taskbar. The line seems as you can get a black wire within the screen. It seems such as a possible defect in the fabrication. NewEgg replaced this and another Q875 arrived to me. But the same issue getting occurred , the line comes up in the same point as the other Q875. Do you have any idea about this and why it is going on like this ...

Re: Qosmio X505-Q875 -Fabrication Issues

I received my Q875 on other day . I may be lucky in this case, or the problems may start to manifest itself later.I am not getting anything onto the display you described on the laptop I received. I refer to both the laptop's LCD display and an external 1920x1080 LCD plugged with the help of HDMI cable.

It should be a very well consideration to have extended warranty from NewEgg. If they are unable to facilitates you with the exact same model replacement, I believe that (but it is your responsibility to check), you should be provided with a model one notch fine, comparable in price. Chances are the same model would be manufacturing constructions defects..

Would you tell me what are the chances of having two different laptops which is the same model , with the similar defect ? The only thing Toshiba was desired to do, is for me to send this for repairing ? A brand latest one laptop which requires the repairing - it don't seem fair! it is unable to be repaired, the fabriction problems. Is there any way to get rid of this one issue and It will be highly appreciated ...

I have managed to exchange the primary HD with the SSD, install the Windows Server 2008 with the 64-bit compatible on the same and drivers for NVidia, sound card as well as the network. It is all I require for work and the entertainment. On other hand, having two laptops within a row is worst that can happen - as probably getting 2 DOA hard drives from an online vendor (not unheard of). The same, I have already faced . There is a causes for saying "3rd time a charm".

I am running with a red Windows 7 desktop background and configured the setting for my taskbar and set that with the value of 'Auto hide'. I then figured out that the section where the taskbar used to be had some coloring fluctuations.

I then started to play my Hurt Locker Blu-ray that played on the entire display...and I could get that the same section was not uniform with the rest of the backgrounds . It does not really jump out at you...but I do get some inconsistent pixel lighting or whatever you need to refer this .