Thread: How to Activate Free GPRS on Airtel Connection

How to Activate Free GPRS on Airtel Connection

I am a big fan of Nokia Brand and I am using Nokia 3110 classic phone. I love the phone and its features and I want to use internet on my mobile. I have Airtel prepaid connection on my phone. Can you tell me how I can activate GPRS on my phone? And also tell me if it can be connected to computer or Can I use my phone as modem for internet in my computer. Please tell me the procedure.

Re: How to Activate Free GPRS on Airtel Connection

Nokia customer care can help you. You can talk to them. They will ask you for your model no, tell them your model no and they will send you the settings for your phone. When you receive your setting then save it and activate it. Now after doing all this you should switch off and switch on your mobile. Now you can access internet service by just long pressing "0" on your phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Its a very old trick to use free GPRS on airtel mobile using airtel live. You can still use this method. In this method you have to use two mobile browser software, Teashark and UCweb. If you have java supported mobile devices then also you can use Teashark though it is a Sonyericsson’s native mobile browser. and the other one is also a very popular mobile browser i.e. UCweb.

Download and install both the browser. Now select access point as Airtel Live. Airtel charges 30pisa/50 kb for normal GPRS and when you use these browser then you will find Airtel GPRS is free. If you have any problem with Teashark browser then you can use UCweb, Airtel GPRS works fine on UCweb browser. If you mare facing any difficulty on page load then clear your cache and try to browse it again.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You just have to do the following setting to access internet on your phone. Just open the setting and set the following to your phone.

There are three steps to be followed and they are as follows:
    1. If your User no or User name field name is blank then you have to type your phone no into ot.
    2. Change your access point or APN to airtelmms.com or airtelfun.com.
    3. Configure your proxy setting as follows…

For airtelfun.com
    IP Addr : 100.1.200.99
    Port no. 8080

For airtelmms.com
    IP Addr : 100.1.201.172
    Port No. 8799

Only this much settings you have to do and you can access GPRS easily.

If you are using any Model of Nokia phones then its very easy to get GPRS Setting. You don't need to do all those things manually. It's very easy to send a text message then doing those manual setting. You have to type a message with text "MO" (it should be in block letters) and send it to 52567. You will not be charged for this message.

After doing this you will receive a message that you will receive the GPRS settings shorty. and after a few minutes you will get the setting. After getting the setting go to option and save this setting and activate it. Restart your phone and you can access the GPRS service.

Hey, I am also using Nokia phone and it is a multimedia phone. I sent the message containing “MO” but I have not got any such message that you will receive settings shortly. They sent me message saying that your handset does not support Airtel GPRS and Live service. I resent the message again I am getting the same message what should I do?

Sometimes, they don’t have the setting online or they can’t provide the setting via message. You should call your customer care executive and they can tell you what you have to do exactly or they will tell you the procedure for manual setting. If that is also not possible then you can visit to nearest airtel service center and get it done on the spot. They will do the setting manually and will be the best option.