Thread: HTC Hero shows Error 170 USB connection error

HTC Hero shows Error 170 USB connection error

Hello everyone, I am writing here with lots of hope to solve my error. I am using HTC hero and I must say that the cell phone is perfectly alright and it’s good. But the actual problem is that whenever I am trying to connect my phone with computer it gives me error no 170 which is USB connection error. It shows me that the ROM update utility cannot connect to Android phone. Please check the USB cable is connected or not. When I am checking it, it is perfectly alright, can anyone help me for that? Every solution is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance

Re: HTC Hero shows Error 170 USB connection error

Hey looking at your problem I can say that you are using older version of Hero. Because one of my friend was also having same problem. I suggest him to reset the cell phone and he has solved his problem. so you must update HTC sync to the new version, and again try to connect your hand set and check whether it is showing the error or not. If still you are getting same problem then according to me there is some problem with your computer system’s USB drivers. Try this hopefully this will solve your problem. All the Best!

Hello everyone, I was having the same problem and I have solved this problem. Because I always try to solve problem on my own. So I have some suggestion for you all. Just disable firewall and antivirus from your computer. When you connect phone to computer, just keep in mind that no other program is running at that time. No matter which operating system you are using just keep in mind that USB driver is version 2.0. Try these above steps you will surely solve your problem. all the best, if you solve your problem the reply to this post.

Hello everyone, just use above steps to resolve your problem, if still you have the same error try to update your operating system. And I wanted to share some more information about the phone. When you are using HTC hero, then go to device manager> adb interface and then on your android right click and update driver. After that browse my computer for drives at the bottom select, let pick HTC from list. After that run the RUU, it must crash out during boot loader and give a message that don’t disconnect your phone while on connection. Using these methods you will fix your problem. So all the best.