Thread: Acer Aspire 5920G Overheating Problem

Acer Aspire 5920G Overheating Problem

Hi friends,
    I have a 5920G and am happy with it except one problem. When it runs graphic-intensive applications, the upper left corner of the laptop become very hot and sometimes it also heats the hard drive near to palm. Fan is very quite and that is the good thing but it should reduce the heat. If you have 5920G then I am sure that you will understand what I am talking about.

I have not used any gaming laptop yet therefore I don't have any idea about overheating. please help me.

Re: Acer Aspire 5920G Overheating Problem

If you feel that your laptop is overheating then it is not specific because if you are playing games on laptop then it it going to heat. It is normal for a laptop and if you feel that heating goes beyond the limit then you can use speedfan/ntune, Which is used t measure actual heating of your laptop and accordingly you can take action.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If your processor's temperature is bit high then it is normal. Warmness of Graphics card is also normal. If you want to invest on money to cool your computer then you should buy a cooling pad. They help to reduce the temperature of your system. You can take opinion of other Acer 5920G owners then you will come to know that it is normal behavior.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Your processor will not be affected by the temperature of your laptop. Is is designed to stand in high temperature. But other parts of the system can be affected by the temperature. The parts which are very close to the heat that is motherboard parts could rise themselves in temperature and may cause the problem. You should use cooling pad to cool your machine for more safety of computer parts.

cooling increases your system safety. You should use heatsink which is really good. This is shared by both cpu and gpu. gpu makes contact to top and cpu makes contact to bottom. It has got a neat design and works well for cooling the system. I ahve not seen any that overheats even when we play with hd-dvd.