Thread: Aspire Timelines: Missing brightness icon / Acer launch manager

Aspire Timelines: Missing brightness icon / Acer launch manager

I have purchased one Acer 3810TG before month which is provided with the installation of Windows Vista and recently finished the upgrade to Windows 7. The only issue that I am getting is the brightness icon got disappeared (when I used the key combination Fn+left/right arrows), every other icon is going just well though.

By the way, when I entered into the Launch Manager directory, there is an directory as OSDRC with pictures of the icons, where I noticed the brightness icons were lost. Is this possible that anybody whose brightness icons are funcitoning can perfom the uploading of them here or have different fix to get them back ?

Re: Aspire Timelines: Missing brightness icon / Acer launch manager

I have a 5810T and it does not contains a osd brightness indicator , volume , wifi and others do as you have stated related with this , so are you need to be sure that the 3810T does ??

Also, I don't think that there is one for brightness for windows 7 on any type of Acer laptop ..... At least I didn't got anyone as well as in my friends circle with the Acers or mine ever since we started working upon the windows 7 operating system...

When, we are running with the same series then I am just surprised to hear that you don't have such type of indicators with you at all.. Have you performed the clean installation after you bought the same and do you have Launch Manager installed previously ?

Yeah,, I am positive that the 3810Ts running with the osd indicators. The icons within my attachment is the ones which displayed up when I work with the Fn functions, but in some case, those for brightness has been lost ..

I am just going to get brightness and caps lock icons on my 3810t where as windows xp has been installed previously . On the Acer website the most recent launch manager for windows XP is 2.0.08. I finished the downloading of version 4 above (it is only for windows 7) and it activates all the icons losing as dimas stated. The only issue is that is not supported with the windows xp, out of the box. From the readmet.txt file, there is windows XP written!!

This is one of intelectaul tools provided from the Acre based laptop and you know actually the launchmanager is one of the easy keyboard connected program configurable through the file as stated C:\program files\Launch Manager\MMKEYBD.CFG and the registry key navigated as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Inventec\LManager\OnScreen\Predefined\ for osd images.... The only issue is figuring out the procedure through which code ca be interpreted.