Thread: HP Photosmart 7760 Error_Install_Failure at 20% install.

HP Photosmart 7760 Error_Install_Failure at 20% install.

I am using the HP Pavillion a1209n desktop on which i have installed Windows XP operating system. I want to install my HP Photosmart 7760 on my system but i am not able to do so as it gets aborted just after 20% of an installation. I have tried the same procedure for four times but the result was same all the time.

Re: HP Photosmart 7760 Error_Install_Failure at 20% install.

Here i have given you the steps to install the HP Photosmart 7760 on your Windows XP.
    • First of all you ave to download the latest drivers for your printer from an official website of HP.
    • If you are not able to find the driver of your HP Photosmart 7760 then you can find it via Add printer -> Choose for the Local Printer -> Pick the USB001.
    • Now you can find out the drivers over here.

Re: Photoshop 7760 Error_Install_Failure at 20% install.

I was having the same problem on my Windows XP system when i was trying to install the same series of printer. But i have found the solution for the same and that might solve your problem as well. You just need to remove one registry from your windows machine. Registry is as follow.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\hp
    Now reboot the system and then check that does installation gets completed or not.

Th problem could be with the driver as it an installation stops in the start 20 % itself. I suggest you to download the drivers for the same printer from some other website and install them. Make sure that you first remove an older drivers and then install the new one so that there wont be any kind of conflict between the two drivers. Please note that you have installed the driver according to your version of the Windows OS.

I suggest you to go to the Windows Update and choose "Custom" rather than "Express" Update. Now check that is there any update for your hardwhere which you have connected to your Windows XP system. Check deleting and then reinstalling the drivers which might solve your problem. What kind of error you get when your installation gets failed? That error might help us to solve your problem more specifically.