Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Acer 1410 VGA-Out and HDMI problem

Portable Devices

Old 03-09-2010

Acer 1410 VGA-Out and HDMI problem

My 1410 has some issues with the display out function. It moves well with both the HDMI and VGA output when the lid is open. However, when I close down the lid, the display seems fine for few seconds and then after it got flashed up on and off continuously onto the display which I have connected this up to. It happens with both the VGA and HDMI output signal. It only moves on when the lid is closed, even though I configured the system to do nothing when the lid is closed.

Old 03-09-2010

Re: Acer 1410 VGA-Out and HDMI problem

hey guys !! I have some little bit issues and as well as the workaround is same as stated above. I had not considered about this, so I used the same over the weekend. This was annoying because the display stayed on well at the time of BIOS bootup screen and the windows starting screen, but as soon as it came upon to the Windows login screen, it started producing the intermittent signal.
Old 03-09-2010

I considered that it might be related to the software/driver problem, but I finished the installation of recent released chipset and VGA drivers from the Acer website without any configuration . This is a necessary feature for me to have because I work with the system with an external display the majority of the time. I am working upon windows 7 home premium 64bit. Their tech team suggested me that Acer system are configured to not work with an external display when the lid is closed. I think that they just don't need to resolve my system. Has anyone else got such type of issues ?
Old 03-09-2010

After going through the troubleshoot procedure regarding such type of issue over email, they eventually suggested me that the system was not meant to display on an external display with the lid closed. After I suggested that the CSR that I am sure that it is not true, they provided me a phone number to call upon this . After talking to them on the phone, they suggested me that it is the issue related to the software and not a hardware problem .

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,