Thread: Problem with Acer 5536G

Problem with Acer 5536G

Hello everyone there, I have Acer Aspire 5536G. Now I have found that due to overheating it gets reboot. When I am using it with enough power supply it happens in every 5-6 hours. Now after few days passed it came up with the battery draining problem. Now I am feeling like I have wasted my money in buying this laptop. I do not think that it is happening because of some software it usually happens when I play heavy games. Can any one on this forum suggest me some solution. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with Acer 5536G

Before suggesting anything there is something that you should know. You have mentioned that laptop overheats often, about 5-6 hours of use. So, the first thing that I want to ask is, where do you keep your laptop while using? You will also be required to mention the laptop's modest ventilation. Most of the laptop happen to face the problem of overheating if the vents are blocked. It mostly happens when the laptop is placed on cushion like thing. Even if the processor is AMD it overheats as compared to the Intel processors.
    One thing for sure that I want to ask you, how do you that it is overheating? Does it display a message or something?
    Last edited by Bon-Z; 03-09-2010 at 04:32 AM.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

My colleague mentioned about the overheating now I would like to discuss about the battery drainage. Mention what is the difference between the battery backup initially and now? You did mention that it happens when you play heavy games. You can check for one more thing, whenever you are in the High Performance power plan, your battery could drain a lot faster than if you are in Power Saver. In my case the difference was about 30 minutes. Do, take care and adjust the parameter.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

With the discussion going on in this thread, I would suggest you to monitor your laptop temperatures. In order to do that you can go for the HWMonitor. HWMonitor is nothing but a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors. It is basically an application that shows the temperature of the CPU and GPU. It will report if at all the system overheats and then we can get how much it overheats. Try it and then report.

I think that for the battery problem you can try various means of reinstalling the battery in the slot. You can even try fully charging the battery and then again discharging it for two to three times and then reinstalling in the slot. If these do not work then I would suggest you to get contact Acer. Get your battery replaced from them. They will replace the battery, once you make convince them that the battery performs substantially less than how it should have. Thanks for bearing me. Hope this will help.

It is however obvious that without proper ventilation and playing heavy games would cause the overheating problem. It may even lead to the draining of the battery. I would suggest you not to rely on the battery estimators, they say something and do something else. The battery of my laptop once said that there is a 2 hours backup and when I played Crysis, the laptop battery died within 1/2 hours. Make proper arrangements for the ventilation, and see that if it makes the difference.