Thread: HP Officejet pro 8500 Wireless freezes

HP Officejet pro 8500 Wireless freezes

I bought a HP Officejet pro 8500 printer for wireless use with my new aluminum iMac 20 ". I am afraid to buy printer wifi and I can not configure after, I just now seek your help, friends of pimps, so you help me make up my mind.
    1: Are there many things to configure (freebox , enter IP , or I do not know what else! )
    2: Is that my mother can also print in wifi although my computer is turned on ?
    As if my mac did not exist and therefore, no configuration on my Mac to do , like not freebox configuration as a router and all. Its freezes constantly. Please help.

Re: HP Officejet pro 8500 Wireless freezes

1.The first step you have done is good means that the machine must be installed using USB
    2. reboot the computer
    3 insert the installation CD again and choose the product set
    4. re parameter options network "SSID , WEP keys " before and after it depends on whether you use a button combination or not the case once only this button after you made the following
    5.reboot the computer once Deriner
    6 A relaunch last time the installation CD and you choose to add another peréferique
    7 You choose and install over the network you choose the wizard until the e

This kind of printer I usually already disables filtering of mac address into the livebox (the pro I think it should be possible) , then I parameter from the control panel of the printer. You must be a kind of assistant network. I put a fixed IP to the printer on the pc's as well. It works with USB , but not by typing the IP address of the printer to access it via the ethernet cable ( I tried three different cables to be sure ). It is brand new . I even disabled the firewall (Windows and Livebox ) to be sure it is not blocking it. I have set a fixed IP on the laptop and also a fixed IP to the printer ( 192.168.1.15 192.168.1.50 on the PC and the printer) , can not communicate.

You need to have an install CD with your printer. Search the menus , there must be something to the box / wireless printer . It will even qd press the pairing of the box and enter the WEP key. I installed an HP last week this way . it took me a little cabbage but I found it in the menu of install. HP printer is not wireless (although the title ...), it must be plugged into the USB port of your computer connected via ethernet and go to Start = > Settings = > Printers and then right click on your printer and make "Share ". Then on the other computer , you have to " search for network printers ". The PC on which it is connected must be turned on when you want to print from another computer.

Firstly associate livebox inventel with both mac -Fi , if you follow the instructions that came with the livebox it 's going very well.
    - then for the HP Photosmart C4380 series ( I said not to advertise but because I 've used this one) : connect the USB printer on a mac after putting cartridges Ink etc. , press the gray facade of the printer (the one where it says : 802.11g ) to turn the wifi on the printer and installing the HP CD that came with the printer .
    - Follow the installation instructions ( select the printer and USB printer not hello) until it must check if you want a facility Fi (confirm by ticking )
    - Choose the method of remote association , by an access point and not the ad hoc mode
    - A table appears with the livebox and may be reported as a second line on the printer.

here the printer is connected over wifi with both mac via the livebox and then networking . to create the network with the mac go to System Preferences , then Sharing , choose file shares and tiger mac apple remote desktop ( AC will share screen mac tiger on mac leopard but tiger can not see the screen of leopard ) , choose a computer name. You need to use a USB key and carry a mac to another physically or send data directly from a Mac to another via wifi.