Thread: Officejet 4500 ADF not feeding

Officejet 4500 ADF not feeding

When i am setting up my documents through an ADF by using the scanner then there were no problem. Yesterday i have used the glass in order to make copy but now when i am trying to read from the glass and not the ADF then it does nothing in the glass and it shows only blank screen. Can anybody tell me that what should i do to use an ADF when it scans from the glass. I guess it is searches for the glass and finds nothing, then it goes for ADF.

Re: Officejet 4500 ADF not feeding

Small clumps of dust, hair, fiber paper, etc... can form any kind of serous problem in the HP Officejet printer. I suggest you to clean the all that dust out of it. following are the tools that you would be needing for cleaning process.
    1. Eight to ten cotton swabs or a piece of soft, lint-free clean that does not disintegrate when wet or permit fiber.
    2. Distilled water, filtered or bottled water to moisten the swabs and coffee filters. Avoid tap water may contain contaminants that could damage the print cartridges.
    3. Sheets of paper or paper towel on which lay the print cartridges when cleaning.
    4. 2-4 coffee filter paper to absorb ink residue, or fluff or deposits located under the print cartridge.

If you want to clean the print cartridges then follow the given procedure. Moisten a cotton swab with distilled water. Hold the black print cartridge by its colorful cover. Using cotton swab, clean the front and sides of the cartridge. Do not wipe the plate eject the ink. Ensure that no deposits are left with the cartridge. To do this, place the cartridge to the light and tilt it. If you see traces of dust or fibers, repeat step 3 to make them disappear. Similarly by following the same procedure you can clean the color print cartridge as well.

Cleaning the service station : The cleaning station is located within the HP Officejet, in the right side, behind the case. It is also the resting place of the carriage when the printer is idle or off. Using a cotton swab, clean, damp wipe the cleaner 1, then the top surface of the cover 2. Always proceed with caution when cleaning the print cartridge caps. If you rub too hard, you can remove the lids, which can damage the print cartridges. Using another cotton swab and clean wet wipe cleaner 3 and the surface of the lid 4.

The condition of the paper or the amount of paper loaded in the ADF might prevent the ADF from picking it up and feeding it through the product.
    1. Make sure that no more than 50 sheets of paper are in the ADF input tray.
    2. Make sure the original is not photo paper or carbon paper. These types of originals must be loaded on the scanner glass.
    3. Make sure the original document that is loaded in the ADF meets the following criteria:
    • Free from curls, folds, creases, and tears.
    • Does not have staples or clips attached.

Cleaning the printheads from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
    1. Start the Web server built one of the following ways:
    2. Web browser: type the IP address assigned to the printer in the address bar of your browser.
    3. Information tab of the toolbox of the printer: Click the Start button in the group of EWS.
    4. Click on the Device Settings tab.
    5. Click the Device Services on the left side.
    6. Select Clean printheads in drop-down menu section print quality.
    7. Click Run Diagnostics.