Thread: Hp Printer B110a network connection problem

Hp Printer B110a network connection problem

I have an Hp Printer B110a. I want to connect to wireless network in my Time Capsule . This network is secured by a password. During setup, when the wizard asks me to select which network I want to connect the printer , I select my Time Capsule network, and an error message telling me that it is impossible to connect to this network. If I remove the password in the configuration of my Time Capsule , so I can configure the printer in wifi. But then if I return the password, then the printer connection is cut. Does anyone know who makes the handling of addressing this problem ?

Re: Hp Printer B110a network connection problem

You notice must tell you what is its IP address . Otherwise put you in command mode and places order ipconfig. The address for the gateway is your router . It is likely that this is 192.168.0.1The original value for this model . In your browser you take the address to enter the setup menus. A name and a password will be requested. If you have not changed the defaults , usually the name is admin and there is no password ( for confirmation of all these data , see the instructions ). If you walk through menus you should find one that concerns the function DHCP ( automatic assignment of IP addresses ). Normally you should find a section allowing you to set the address range due . Given that assigned to your PC it seems that the beach is something like 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.254 . If that is the case all the addresses 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.99 are available.

But the simplest is to join your HP - Photosmart -wi Fi network directly to the time capsule , then:
    - Put your time capsule in " Association " ( different approach following the livebox , check the doc)
    - Research networks with your printer ,
    - Connect yourself on your livebox network with WEP or WPA associated with your livebox ,
    - Do a search on the local network printer from your computer , you should find it and you can connect it.

you must install the printer on each computer that wants to use it (Adding new printer) . Attention must be declared as a printer Local but attached to a Port Standard TCP / IP and not to classical LPT1. If this port is not available in the dropdown, select the option Create a new port and a wizard will allow you to create the TCP / IP and to indicate its IP address : 192.168.0.2 in our example. You can also put a name to this port to easily identify. Then Windows will finish installing the printer, possibly by asking if the CD was not associated with the driver in its libraries.

Test install the driver cd to install the printer. After putting the WEP key for wireless connection.
    Main pc
    1 / share the printer
    2 / C unit share
    pc Secondary
    1 / start / panel configuration / printer / double click on the printer
    A window asks to install the driver
    2 / Put the installation CD and click on install driver.

The manufacturer of your printer has an IP address configured by default. It is in the documentation provided with . As there is no chance whatsoever 192.168.0.200 (or an address between 192.168.0.200 and 192.168.0.254 ) you 'll have the modified. On this model it is using its control panel by moving through the menus. The procedure is shown in full in the manual (I 've thrown a quick glance) . Then , as I said earlier , you must install your printer as a local but on TCP / IP port and specify that port for the printer's IP address ( 192.168.0.200 if you stay on this value ).