Thread: HP Officejet 4500 not able to print

HP Officejet 4500 not able to print

I have downloaded the drivers for my HP Officejet 4500 which i have connected to my windows xp operating system machine. I have connected this printer by using USB cabel. Now the problem is that my printer is not recognized by xp machine and i have just gone mad for solving this problem. Please help me to use my printer.

Re: HP Officejet 4500 not able to print

I have found the solution. In the configuration of the printer, choose the paper size, click on customize and create the DL envelope 110x220, choose the most support, word or other register. DL format is created. I use Word 2007 mail merge, create envelope and I type my address. Improviser click and it's good, this HP Officejet 6500.

I recommend you to plug in the usb cable when software prompts you for the same. Then your installation will be completed successfully.
    One your installation is successful then open the Device Manger and then check the Universal Serial Bus Controllers-Composite devices. If this is not as mentioned then you have to run the following batch file.
    Start-Run-(type in) %temp% -> (Check for a folder starting with 7z... folder) -> ccc- util- bin- unistall_l1.bat
    Make sure that the device manager does not have any yellow or red bands. You may try to connect your printer to some other port.

If the CPU utilization on Print Server will go to 100% or everything looks fine but blank pages are printing out on printers. During this time if the administrator goes to Task Manager they may see there are multiple instances of HPBPRO running on the server as a process. This problem occurs when following conditions are met:
    • The HP Toolbox is installed through a HP Printer CD on client machine.
    • The Print Server has one or more EAC based Printers shared to clients.
    • Client machine has one to more printer connections (Point and Print) through the Print Server.

I your printer is missing some colors then check and clean the print cartridges and the print carriage:
    • Turn the unit on and open it to access the print cartridges. It must be switched on to access the cartridges because they are locked by the system of protection when the device is off. The protection system prevents the drying of cartridges when not in use.

• Once the cartridges are available, and without turning off the all-in-one with the power button, unplug the power cord from the all-in-one. The movement of the cartridges to the system of protection is thus blocked, thus preventing damage.

• Remove the cartridges from the carriage and examine their level of ink (if possible). If this is a new print cartridge, make sure the protective tape covering the nozzles has been removed. Do not remove the copper circuit containing the electrical contact points.

• Clean the cartridge with a cotton swab or a cloth slightly dampened with distilled water, filtered or bottled. Tap water sometimes contains pollutants that can damage the print cartridges.

• Clean the areas of the cartridge indicated by the legends 2 and 3 below. Clean the injector plate designated by the legend only a last resort. Remove any accumulation at the bottom of the cartridge. Do not touch the nozzle plate with anything other than the cotton swab.

To verify that the correct driver has been installed, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, Settings, then click Printers to open the Printers folder.
    2. If the printer list mentions only "HP Officejet" instead of "HP Officejet series [model], it is the wrong driver. For example, the HP Officejet G series must submit an icon with the words "HP Officejet G series.
    3. If the driver shows only "HP Officejet", click the icon to select it and press the Delete key to delete the driver.
    4. Install the correct driver for the all-in-one. For most operating systems and products, the latest drivers are supplied with the product. If the software disks are not available, download the software all-in-one from the HP Web site or contact HP for assistance.
    5. Mini-Microsoft drivers are available for Windows 2000 and XP models for many HP all-in-one. These drivers list the model of complete product, such as HP Officejet R80, and not just the playoffs. It is possible that they do not support all the possible functions of the all-in-one.