Thread: Acer Aspire 5739G Irregularly Crashes

Acer Aspire 5739G Irregularly Crashes

I have bought Acer Aspire 5739G, and now it crashes irregularly. The Operating System(Windows) freezes. There is problem with the mouse, I can not move it at all, even the keyboard does not responses. These all things forces me to shut down the laptop manually. Before the crash happens the screen flashes for a bit. I first encountered this when I changed the OS to Windows 7 from Vista. I switched back to Vista but the problem still persists. The crash usually occurs while playing videos. I have tried both media player classic and VLC with different movies and windows has crashed with both. The crash is completely random. Please help. Thanks.

Re: Acer Aspire 5739G Irregularly Crashes

I had the same laptop and with the similar problem. It used to crash on Vista. I send it back to the Acer, since I had heard that it was not the laptop that was the cause for this problem but the Windows Vista. I went for the Windows 7 and it still crashes. I can play games of high specifications but can not watch videos. About 50 percent of the crash is due to media problem. It even crashes when the screen saver pops-up. Now I don't want to send it back to the Acer, because they might take long for fixing it. Any suggestions would be very very grateful. Thanks
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

So. there is one with the similar case, but really I didn't had any problem when I was having Vista on it. I am here again because I forgot to mention regarding the Flash Movies. The Flash Movies even crashes whenever hardware acceleration is enabled. Is there something to do with the GPU now. This is making me crazy guys, Please help.

I think that you will have to take care of this on your own as you have mentioned that you do not want to submit it to the Acer. I would suggest you to go for a clean re-installation this time. Also use updated drivers. You can discard the Windows 7 upgrade disc which is given to you by Acer. You can try downloading a retail Windows 7 .iso. Burn it and then try booting from it. This could help in your situations.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"