Thread: ACER 5740 Touchpad Issue

ACER 5740 Touchpad Issue

Friends,

I bought new acer 5740-6491last week and it was working fine for the week but from last two days I am getting problem with my touchpad. It is not working properly whenever I try to use the cursor it jumps around the screen very rapidly. Other functions are working fine. Can anyone tell me what can be the problem and how can I get out of this issue.

please help.

Re: ACER 5740 Touchpad Issue

I think you have problem with your drive. It may not be working or corrupted. You should try another driver. My suggestion to you is to install alps driver. For that you can go to acer driver page and just locate aspire 5741G and from there download the alps driver. This is the newest driver and it will work well for the touchpad. This will definitely work for you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think your computer is infected with virus attack that's why your touchpad is not working. you should scan your computer completely with updated antivirus and clean or delete the infected files is not needed. restart your computer and see that your problem is solved or not. If it doesn't solve your problem then you can install a fresh copy of operating system in your computer. This can solve your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are dealing with the problems which involves touchpad then you should make sure that your device is clean and it is in the proper environment. Before doing any thing with your system just clean your touchpad by wiping out it with a soft cloth, dampen with rubbing alchohol. touchpad will work best in a dry environment and if there is excess of heat, moisture or cold it can show the unusual effects as you have told. Try these things first and if it doesn't solve the issue then it is definitely the software issue.

It seems to be a software issue. you first have to shut down your computer and now power on it and start tapping F8 key. It will let you to a start up menu where you have to select safe mode and click enter. Check that if it is working fine or not. If it works fine then it is surely a software problem.

To solve the problem go to control panel and open add or remove window. From there uninstall all the software related software. Restart your computer in normal mode and check out for the problem agin.

It is a driver problem. Here are some steps to be followed to solve this issue.
    Right click on my computer and click on properties.
    • It will show you a window with some tabs. Click on Device Manager tab. You can view devices by selecting type on the top. Note that if you are running windows 2000 then your device manager can be viewed by clicking hardware tab.
    • Look for the category with name Other Devices. You will see a plus sign next to it. Click on that sign and remove all the devices listed under it.
    • To remove device, click on any device and it will be highlighted then click on remove button to remove that device.
    • Now look for the mouse category in the list.
    • Remove all devices under it if there is any by the same procedure.
    • Restart your computer.
    • When you are again on the normal window, it will show you new hardware wizard. It will scan for the uninstalled hardware automatically and load the required Driver itself.
    • Now you can check your device.