Thread: Aspire One wireless drivers

Aspire One wireless drivers

Hello,
    I had my Netbook Aspire One upgrade from win xp home to vista ultimate. Only thing I do not get to run the wireless module vista ultimate does not have wireless adapter, and in Device Manager, I have supplied the module with one driver because I have the module or I do it via the swi. Well under the Control Panel in Vista, there are also a means of entry wlan Globe Trotter Network interface only war I do not activate it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Aspire One wireless drivers

This module has nothing to do with wireless, but it is, this is a UMTS modem. Your wireless network adapter card found under - or the top of the Device Manager, decorated with a yellow exclamation mark. I think you can try this solution.

Well because when you tell me something new, thought it was the wlan cache all the drivers I install my acer bring no result, the wireless card refuses to address. Please help me with this, is it that any body does not have any idea regarding this? Thank you.

I have an Acer Aspire ONE which was installed in Karmic Dual Boot with XP. I went through the proposed update to install the install Lucid is passed without any worries (except gdesklets not working, but it's a detail). Since I am on Lucid past, my WiFi connection is not stable. Let me explain, the connection is successful, s either at work or at home, but about 10 to 15 minutes after being connected, the wifi disconnects. Then back, then disconnects.

Under Karmic (and previous versions) I have never used madwifi, and I've never had this problem. For cons, I logged on this morning, and I have not had any stability problems, I even made my updates after sending my info on the forum. I read on some forums that the installation of wireless backport packages arranged the problem. If you think this is the solution for you, just give it a try.