Thread: Hidden Partition on Acer

Hidden Partition on Acer

Hello,
    My Acer was pre-installed with Windows Vista. After Vista has annoyed me but at times quite beautiful, I've replaced it with XP. However, I play with the idea to install Vista in parallel for some experimenting with it. Was supplied to the Vista Notebook AnyTimeUpgrade-DVD, that's it. And it is a hidden Partition located on the notebook, where the installation files for the system.

Now the big question:
    Can I somehow burn this partition to a DVD and then used as an installation DVD? Please help me with this. Thank you for your help.

Re: Hidden Partition on Acer

The hidden partition is, for example, the acronis True detected image can be saved and played back (although the recovery will only work on an Acer, that is, not for piracy). In the bios check whether the Acer Disk to Disk recovery one. D2D recovery enable. Restart. In the Acer logo on press Alt + F10. Your C partition is created, now aufDVD If a backup or CD is possible, I would do it. You have probably after XP reinstall.
    Note: the backup from CD / DVD is only in an Acer laptop. If you hard drive then install on another device, it can go, maybe the message was about the "new hardware found".

I am now at the notebooks, but have often experienced with such a partition. Normally, as a program for the notebook is on it. At least with all Dell laptops that I know, when you press a certain key combination at boot, the computer will complete a self test and returns error codes which the manufacturer can evaluate directly. Thus, their support will be minimized to an Optimum.

The BIOS D2D recovery is enabled. If I then Alt + F10 during boot press, nothing happens. I have downloaded in the meantime even the ACER eRecovery. The asks if I want to do a backup and then brings the error message "Image Size". If I can access through True Image to HOW I can because it will create a DVD? Yes for custom nLite for example, the serial number.

At home to wait until the BIOS is incremented before it starts Windows, comes with me briefly held mainly in green and gray screen on the Acer is great. In This Moment alt + F10 key. Can you another key to be the case , possibly support-mail and ask Acer. With Acronis you can burn the hidden partition as on DVD. or move to an external hard drive. Similarly, you can complete your partition with XP, presumably. C: Secure. It will really create an accurate image, with all programs, settings for Firefox and Co and the mails stay there. In the replay, everything is as before. This is precisely the benefit that you install the programs is not new, and Serial. must enter. If you Acronis or Paragon Manager distention (gabs on heft CDs) you create a rescue disks. This launches you from your PC, if the program is loaded, you can remove the CD and a DVD to burn the image insert.

If you have not created the recovery CDs when you first start your device, you can start creating the following: Please see "All Programs" "e-RECOVERY open", or search for the term RECOVERY. The file "e-RECOVERY" double-click Start and follow the instructions. If this program can not run or have deleted, so it is no longer with conventional means possible to create a recovery CD. For an order we need the serial number of the corresponding device, the purchase date and your address. The recovery itself can be performed by inserting the recovery DVD or CD system. This is "bootable". The program explains itself by itself then you should only insert the CD or DVD, reboot the machine and it should automatically begin to boot from the media. If this is not the case one, then restart your machine, press F2 to get to the BIOS BOOT menu item and the CD / DVD set in first place. With F10, the settings are applied and then the process should be started automatically. Does booting from a CD or DVD is not, there is still another option for you: Please restart the device without an optical medium to have been given (CD or DVD) new. Once you see the Acer boot logo, press the key combination ALT-F10. This should lead you before starting the operating system in the recovery tool, which is located on the hidden partition on your Acer. Does ALT-F10 does not check in the Bios, if the menu is set behind a D2D enable. If not, change it from use and save the change with F10. Should be possible by any of the options described above, the implementation of the recovery, please send email including the previous correspondence back to me. I'll tell you a return authorization number and then you explain the history for the appointment of the recovery media.