Thread: How to increase the transfer rate of pendrive

How to increase the transfer rate of pendrive

I have a Kingston pen drive of 2 GB, it was working properly from last two years. Now when i transfer the data from my Laptop to the pen drive it takes a very long time to complete as compered to the normal transfer rate. What should i do to increase the transfer rate of the Pen drive, is there any software to increase the speed of my device; please help me to overcome these problem.

Re: How to increase the transfer rate of pendrive

The basic solution to increase the transfer speed of your pen drive is that you have to install your USB drivers or you have to install from the Chipset driver of your Motherboard. These driver CD comes along with the System when you purchase it or if you don't have it then just download from the website of the Motherboard Manufacturer and install it your problem will be resolved.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

To increase the speed of the your Pen drive to transfer the data from youe Laptop to the pen drive can be easily solved by making setting changes listed below:
    • Open My computer
    • Right Click on your Pen drive
    • Click on properties
    • Select your Pen drive Under Hardware and select Properties
    • You will get a dialog box showing " Optimize for quick removal", this option is selected by default

• then select "Optimize for Performance"option

Now remove the Pen drive and then plug in again to copy the data from the system and verify the transfer rate.

If the transfer speed of your Pen Drive is very slow then you have the option of formatting the drive completely. Plug in the Pen drive and then Right click on the drive and then select the format option. After that format the drive and plug in it again and check the transfer rate, if then too the problem exists them go to the dealer and asked him for a replacement.

Re: How to increase the tranfer rate of pendrive

I had tried to format my pen drive three times in the Windows xp environment , but all the time it showed a error message that "Windows is unable to format your USB device". Now what should i do in order to format my computer please tell me the solution, is i have to go to another operating system to format it. Any suggestion on the issue will be appreciated please reply with a solution to the problem.

You don't have to switch to the other operating system to format a pen drive, just you have to open the command prompt and then type the following steps to format your pen drive:
    Format "Name of drive in which your USB device is currently working such as (G: )", then it will asked to proceed further just follow the instructions and your problem will be resolved.

There are a number of ways by which you can increase the transfer rate of your pen drive, you can install the USB Driver that comes along with the chipset or you can format the Pen drive normally or in the command prompt as per your requirements. If after all this the problem exists in the Pen drive then contact the customer care desk and asked for a replacement or buy a new pen drive if the old one is out of the warranty period.

you should format your pendrive in NTFS mode and 64kilobytes allocation units
    this makes your pendrive faster

if not work format in restore defaults