Thread: Toshiba Mini NB305 Netbook Recovery

Toshiba Mini NB305 Netbook Recovery

I am running with the Toshiba Mini NB305 Netbook. I am trying to make the recovery media disc for the same but let me tell you that i am unable to get the same working with the CD ROM of mine as it is showing error with the same. Is there any other way by which i can perform the recovery as i have heard that only DVD ROM is the for the same. Any help may be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Toshiba Mini NB305 Netbook Recovery

You can use the External USB ROM for performing the recovery of the system to a disc. All you have to do is to connect the external DVD ROM and after that just get into the BIOS by pressing the F12 during the boot of the Windows. And then change the boot priority from the Boot menu and then run the same. So try this out.

I will advise you to reset the device of yours. As you are using the Toshiba then let me tell you that you can reset the same with the help of the '0' key while booting up. Just press and hold the '0' key while booting and wait until it boot properly. This will restore everything to the factory setting. So try this out and work with the same.

I will advise you to go through the user manual which is having the brief description regarding the creating recovery media and making recovery of the system. The manual is having all the detail for aope5rating the device. So if you like then go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

First of all thanks for the quick response that you have given me regarding the issue i have asked about and i have gone through the all then replies and let me tell you that i have tried booting with the External USB CD ROM by setting its priority to one but when i boot it got automatically set to internal CD ROM. Is there any other solution?

If all the above is not working then i will advise you to contact the Toshiba Tech support and let them know about the issue. They will go through the same and will guide you regarding the issue you are getting. If your device is under warranty then they will fix the issue for free by replacing the DVD ROM.