Thread: My Satellite A105 wont boot up

My Satellite A105 wont boot up

My Satellite A105-S1712 provided with the installation of Windows XP got one of those viruses which disguises themselves as the antivirus program "Antivir Pro". It is restricting me to launch the recovery disk or perform the system recovery procedure. Now Windows would not even boot up. I received the message as "Windows will not start because file is missing or corrupt:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CONFIG\SYSTEM". Will purchasing a new one hard drive and working with the recovery disk to save this laptop, What can I perform with this .

Re: My Satellite A105 wont boot up

I was working with my laptop and it got hung up with Internet Explorer 7 running at the time of Windows update. I had to do a power button forced as turn off the button . After all, BIOS would not post the same and it is not booting either. The power light got reflected , the hard drive light is also coming up properly for near about 2 seconds then nothing but a black screen. I removed out the memory, swapped them around, used the same with only one chip, wiped out the memory chips and slots but figured out that there is nothing going after doing all these .

You need to go for pulling the drive out and connecting this up to a functioning the machine with a best one AntiVirus software which is completely updated to see if it can wipe the disk of entire malware. You can perform the same with a USB adaptor or an external USB hard drive enclosure.

When you get compleetd be make sure for the installation of one good AV software on them. I would suggest the Avast Home Free if you need a good free one or Kaspersky if you need a good paid for version. You need to also perform the installation of MalwareBytes AntiMalware on them as a secondary for on demand scans.

I have done a lot of search regarding the same but unable to find anything that can be effective . I have a Yoshiba Satellit A105-S101 laptop. 1 and 1/2 year . Intel Celeron M380 1.6 ghz. 512 mb DDR 2 533 SD RAM. Video ATI Radeon Xpress 200M with shared video 128 MB. 60GB HD. cd-DVD writer. Realtek ALC 861 sound card. Windows XP Home. Wireless G card.

Has been working well . While on Yahoo screen moved fuzzy then system got died. System has AC light and battery charge light. When booting the same will have num lock light, HD light, CD tries to check, F10 and F11 light and fan moves on. It will try to start for 10 seconds and powered off.