Thread: "Unsupported Video Signal" when connected to TV.

"Unsupported Video Signal" when connected to TV.

I have been connecting my laptop with the HDTV and have never seen any problem while watching Hulu on the TV but yesterday i found my baby playing with the TV remote and the laptop since then i am not able to see the same thing on my TV. I am getting an error as "Unsupported Video Signal". Can you guys help me solve this problem?

Re: "Unsupported Video Signal" when connected to TV.

The first is to get the right cable that works with your laptop and your TV. The second is to adjust so that it looks right. S-video. It is a very economical way to connect the laptop to the TV. Almost every TV has a most PCs S-port and have one too. There is a code PIN to four and a seven-pin cable S-video. Therefore, you must make sure your laptop and TV both have the same port. Most computers have seven pins, so if your TV is just a PIN number to four, you will not be able to use this technique.

make sure your computer is equipped with an S-Video. This connector, usually located on the back of the machine next to the VGA port ( see definition ), is related to the video card in your computer and it is necessary for the computer to "communicate" with a television. Most newer computers have this output, however, if this was not the case, it is possible to add the computer a new video card with a via PCMCIA expansion port.

I have an adapter to dvi> HDMI> HDMI to get a signal at the start and to access the bios. Once installed Vista I was able set the support of the screen HDMI> HDMI with its native resolution. But I still have no signal before Vista launches. If I want to access the bios I am obliged to use the adapter DVI> HDMI.

After several trials with several different equipment, it would appear that the following procedure works (with some equipment):
    • Turn off all appliances
    • Connect the HDMI cable
    • Turn on the TV
    • Set the video channel "HDMI"
    • Turn on the peripheral equipment for use

It is very restrictive (from my point of view), and plus it does not work 100%.

If your TV can NOT support a 96kHz sampling frequency, set option [Freq. organizing samples.] to [48kHz] in the menu configuration (see page 19). Once the choice made, the unit will automatically turn 96kHz signals to 48kHz signals to your system can decode them. And if your television is not equipped with a decoder MPEG and Dolby Digital, set the options [Dolby Digital] and [MPEG] location [PCM] in the Setup menu (see page 19).
    If your television is not equipped with a decoder DTS, set the option [DTS] [Off] in the menu configuration (see page 19). To take advantage of multi-channel DTS, you must connect this unit to a DTS compatible receiver via one of digital outputs of the recorder.