Thread: Very Low Audio on T115

Very Low Audio on T115

Friends,
    I have just bought my T115S1100 I was very excited to listen music on it. But I found that volume is extremely slow. I have found complaints about this model before on internet. All the other things are working properly. Can you tell me what may be the problem? Is it a driver problem or speaker problem? Please help.

Re: Very Low Audio on T115

I think you should delete your sound driver and after that when you reboot your system it will automatically install a generic in it. Here are the steps to be followed to do this.

Click on start and go to control panel. Click on performance and Maintenance icon. Go to system you will see a system property window will appear. Click on hardware tab and open the device manager, look for audio or speaker symbol. Double click on that symbol, it will open list of audio devices. You can remove or uninstall it by right clicking any of them. And after that when you reboot your system, it will show you a message that a new device has been detected. After that it will automatically install all the drivers.

This method will return you to original drivers and settings.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi Chakchiuma,

This is the problem I have found in many of the user’s T115 laptop. There may be many solution to this problem but the best one I knew is to install newer driver. You should visit Toshiba’s support site and download audio drivers from the site. Install it on your computer and I am sure that it will solve this issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is another solution to this problem. This will work for Low sound level. Is has nothing to with driver. Here is the procedure you have to follow for that.

Go to Start and click on control panel. This will open control panel window. There click on speakers then go to property and select enhancements. Check that “Loudness Equalization” is checked. If not then make it checked. This will give you good sound from here on out.

Hi, I am also having the same problem with sound volume. I was trying to download driver update as suggested above. I want to ask that is these downloads are free. Because when I was trying to download that, it was saying that register driver access to get critical driver updates! And it was for $29.95.Is this same update you told about? I can’t pay this much for the sound. Tell me if there is any other way to solve this problem?

I don’t know which site you have visited or what you were trying to download. Toshiba system downloads are absolutely free and it is available on the site below. Visit the following site.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ily=1073768663

In the list of drivers you will find the Conexant Audio Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)(v4.98.16.61; 12-08-2009; 157.26M) first.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 02-09-2010 at 03:06 AM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

First of all check your system running realtek or conxant audio? If it is running realtek then then you can try the following solution.

Go to Start > Control Panel and change the category to large icon and select realtek audio manager, go to sound effect tab on speaker and set the equalizer to powerful setting. Now you can play any music to check if it is increased or not.