Thread: Acer Aspire 6930 screen replacement

Acer Aspire 6930 screen replacement

Can anyone here tell me how to replace the cracked screen of the laptops. I have an Acer Aspire 6930. The screen has been cracked and I think that needs to be replaced. Can anyone help giving me steps to remove the screen. Any help would be really appreciated. The top and sides of the screen are off, but can not get how to deal with the bottom one. I do not want it to damage. Please help. Thanks.

Re: Acer Aspire 6930 screen replacement

Faced the problem before. What you need to do is, first unscrew all the four screws that are along the underside of the screen. In order to remove them you need to disconnect the top half of the laptop. While doing so utmost care has to be taken. Now once you are done with this you need to remove the Hinge screws. For removing it you will have to remove the panel that covers the speakers. I think that this is enough, if yet you need some more instructions let me know in the next post.

I also want to replace the LCD screen of my laptop. I do not have Acer Aspire 6930, but Acer Aspire 6920. I am not finding the steps given by Ceesar enough. I am getting stuck in the mid-way of removing the screen. I think a much detailed description would really help. Should I go to Acer for this. I think that I should go for this as the last option. Please suggest. Thanks.

You can follow this simple steps and get the screen removed.
    1. First remove all screws beneath the speaker panel.
    2. Then lift off the speaker cover
    3. Now by removing the Ribbon Connectors from the speaker cover, disconnect both video cables that are at the left hand side.
    4. Now go for removing the Hinge Screw at both the sides.
    5. This will allow you to remove all the screw covers an the screws around the screen.
    6. Once you are done with this just remove the bezel all around.
    7. Now from here replace the screen.
    8. Repeat these steps in reverse order to put the whole stuff back.

Hope that this works, and it should really work.

Thanks to both Ceesar and especially to Crespin. The description that you both gave is indeed informative. I will try this and let you know in the post next time. I think that this should really work because you both have left nothing that can pointed out for failure. Very nice work, Guys. I was also trying to go for the Acer but I just felt checking for it here and hope that this will work fine. Thanks.