Thread: Using Pendrive as RAM

Using Pendrive as RAM

I has a computer with 160 GB hard disk and 512 MB of RAM. The processing speed of my system is very slow and now i want to increase the speed of my system. I have got an information that your Pen drive can also be used as a RAM. I have a Kingston 4 GB Pen drive, so how can i used it as a RAM and is any application or software download is required for that or not please reply with an answer.

Re: Using Pendrive as RAM

You can use your Pen drive as a RAM by making some modification in the settings. First connect the Pen drive into the system and then let the system to do the detection and further scan of your Pen drive, it is important that the pen drive should be more than 1 GB in memory. Then click on MY Computer >Properties>Go to advanced> performance settings. From there you have to select the "Check the value of space available", then enter same in the Initial and the Max columns " You just used the memory of the PenDrive as a Virtual Memory ".Then restart the computer and the pen drive will be detected as a RAM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you want increase the speed of your RAM that you can connect the Pen drive in to the system and attached it with the existing RAM these can be done by using the following steps:
    • Go to My Computer.
    • Right Click on the Removable Disk Drive and select Properties.
    • Select the ReadyBoost Tab.
    • Enable the feature by selecting the option and allocate the amount of space you want to use as memory

These will solve your problem of slow speed and will increase the speed according to your requirement.

With the advent of the Windows Vista by Microsoft it provided a feature called as Readyboot, which is used as a Virtual Memory increasing device. This is a feature not present in the xp and for that you have to download it from the Microsoft's website. Install it then open it and select the device as RAM and you are ready to use the device as a RAM, and your issue will be resolved.

I have followed all the steps and also installed a "Readyboot" software in the system, but then too i am not able to use my pen drive as as RAM. What should now i do in order to use the space as a RAM so that my computer will work faster. Please provide me a solution,thanking you in advance.

It seems that there is a problem in the setting of the Ready-boot in the Windows Vista operating System, if you are using the Windows xp then you have to download the "Ready-boot" software or application from the Microsoft website. Download it from the website, install it and then make the changes in the software to use the RAM as a Virtual Memory.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Internet problem

Tanks all of u:-
    hi,
    i have china mobile mtk6225 but when i conect to the internet or i try to open the any website i get error 'not enoghf memory' can any one help me?
    can i install third party softwer in my mobile plz tel me?
    If that possible.
    Last edited by suyogthedon; 04-09-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Re: Internet problem

Quote Originally Posted by suyogthedon View Post
    Tanks all of u:-
    hi,
    i have china mobile mtk6225 but when i conect to the internet or i try to open the any website i get error 'not enoghf memory' can any one help me?
    can i install third party softwer in my mobile plz tel me?
    If that possible.
    hey buddy, This is not the proper thread or section for this query. You should always post the query in the right place or else moderators can delete your post. Please post this query back in Portable section.

Anyways, just for the hint, free up your phone memory to get rid of this error. Also close all application (if opened) before connecting to internet.

It is quiet possible to move the settings of your phone towards the external storage like sd card if your phone supports that. But for that you will need to check the settings of your internet with the page saving option. Try to clear up your phone memory by deleting unnecessary numbers and sms. Then check back again. Sometime if you have a good browser in your phone then you can directly change your location.

Your problem is very common with windows xp, but windows have solved it in the latest version of vista. They have provided a common feature as “Ready boot”, which allows the Pen drive memory to be used as Virtual Memory with your RAM. Download a copy from Microsoft for Windows XP and for Windows Vista make the changes as given in the guide that you will get along with the readyboot software or make the setting in the Control panel.

thanks my friends