Thread: All the folder in my pendrive become shortcut

All the folder in my pendrive become shortcut

I had a Kingston pen drive of 2 GB it was working quite well, but from last Sunday all my folders in the pen drive has become Shortcut folders. Now i am not able to access any data from the pen drive, as i have very critical data to share with my clients.So, please tell me a solution to recover my data, i will be very grateful in advanced.

Re: All the folder in my pendrive become shortcut

If you have not formatted your flash drive then you can solve these problem, just check that the files and folders are not in the hidden mode. if these is the case then go to the drive, right click on the drive and select properties. From the properties you can unchecked the hidden mode and the folders will be displayed in the drive.

Many a time this happens due to the virus attack, these issue can be solved if you have not formatted the pen drive yet, to solve the problem follow the steps below;
    Go to start > Run > Type cmd and click on OK.We are assuming that your per drive is in H: Enter the command given as -h-r-s/s/d h:\*.*, now you can check for your files to be present in folders of the drive. After that also download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Update it and perform full scan to recover your data.

If your pen drive does not show any data and shows all the folders as shortcut then these problem can be fixed. To fix it go to the Folder option in the drive and select "show hidden" data and all down three option click ok and now all of your data will be recovered. To be on the safer side just download a USB anti virus and scan the drive fully to be secure next time.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There seems to be a virus attack on the your pen drive, these may happened when you where downloading something from a user whose system is not safe that is causing such a difficulty. The most preferable solution for that is to format the drive completely and for the next time use a anti virus such as AVG, Avast, Norton before plugging any device in your system, this will make your system safe and secure.

This is new kind of virus, and I was infected by it too I have recovered all my information just by a simple setting. The name of the virus is buoemx.exe, you have to just do these in your start up menu >go to Start --> Run --> CMD and press enter > cd \ > attrib -r -a -s -h /s /d. These will solve your issue and after that restart your system and download a fresh copy of an anti virus, then scan the drive completely and then your data will be recovered and you will get access to all the folders with the contents.

These is a virus attack on your system for sure, if you have a Norton anti virus then it will doesn’t help to overcome these problem. The solution for these is that you have download an anti virus which can heal the virus and make your pen drive a secure one. There are anti viruses that can be used such as AVG, Avast and other USB based anti viruses to fix the problem, these is the ultimate solution to your problem.