Thread: Cannot take PS3 Hard Drive Screws off

Cannot take PS3 Hard Drive Screws off

I am trying to change the PS3 Hard drive and I have mangled the screw heads for all four screws and therefore I am not able to get them off. I have also tried to get the screws off with the help of pliers but it is very hard to do. Can you tell me that what I should do in order to get out of the issue? Please reply as early as possible. I have already tried all the possible ways that I know or found from the internet but that was not helpful. I am waiting for the reply.

Re: Cannot take PS3 Hard Drive Screws off

The best thing that you can do for this is to contact the Sony support and they will tell you that what you can do for this. This is the first thing to do in such cares.

There is just only one thing that you can do in such cases. You will have to get the replacement of the caddys/screws as of the Sony. This is the only way to get it solved. Just visit the Sony service center and ask them for the same. They will replace that with the new one but you will be charged for that even if it is under warranty as they do not consider the broken or damaged unit under warranty. This is one and only possible way that I can tell you right now. And from the nest time you should make use of the screwdriver.

You can just place a small screwdriver within the gap flanked by frame and the HD's plastic and this will make gabbing space. You will get to see one small metal thing and you will have to get that up and like you are cutting the wires. It will cut the holding of the screw to the frame.

Just search for the title “how to remove stripped screws from PS3 hard drive” on YouTube and open the very first resulted video from that. Watch that and you will get the perfect idea that how you can do that. It will be better to have to the visual tutorial of this rather than just reading and giving that a try. That will be risky thing to do. If you wish to have better idea of that then you must watch this before actually doing it. I hope that it will be helpful to you.

You can get the needle nose pliers and then hold the screw horizontally with that and unscrew that slowly. If that do not help you then you can take that to some general hardware store otherwise any computer hardware store.

You can take hair dryer with the end attachment and concentrate the hot air to the screws. Check if that can help you. After heating that, you will have to take the pair of pliers and with help of that, you will have to grip that hard. It will remove the damaged screws from that and after that you can use some new screws. You either get that from the Radio Shack otherwise from any local computer hardware store and you will be able to build your own.